What's new

[PIF] 1948 Aristocrat & Case

Hello! I'm a pretty recent newcomer to B&B but I've learned a lot lurking around the forums. I'd like to give back to the community with a 1948 Aristocrat and case. This is a razor I picked up on eBay that is in good but very-well-used condition. It shaves fine but I know it won't be part of my daily routine so I'm giving it up rather than have it collect dust.

A few notes:
  • The exact year is some deductive guesswork. I'm pegging it at 1948 due to the presence of the notched center post along with the "Pat Nos. on Package" on the baseplate. The notched post was found on the newer Aristocrats while that patent wording was on the earlier models. I am, however, open to corrections from any astute B&B members.
  • I don't see any signs of abuse on the razor. The gold plating appears to have rubbed away from use around the head.
  • There is some play in the TTO mechanism but I'm guessing that is to be expected on a well-used 75-year-old razor.

Now for the rules:
  1. I will randomly pick the winner on April 2nd.
  2. Continental US only, please, to keep shipping costs down.
  3. To be entered, you must:
    • Clearly state "I'm in for this vintage piece of razor history." Or some such phrase to distinguish a comment from an entry request.
    • You have to be a better (chattier) community member than me and have 10 or more posts.
    • To make it a bit fun, please share the connection you have to this razor or this year (1948) that attracts you to the PIF. I'm open to creativity on this one.

If I've violated any rules for a PIF, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    832.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    902.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    859.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    783.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    896 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    899.6 KB · Views: 54
"I'm in for this vintage piece of razor history."

My Dad passed away March 12, one year ago. He was born in 1948, and shaving with this razor would be in honor of his memory. I also have a 1947 Superspeed that I will pass on to a new user, which was passed to me when I got started in this hobby.

Very nice PIF, thank you kindly! I'm in for this vintage piece of razor history. I am fairly new to Wet Shaving and this would be the oldest razor I have. I saw 1948 and my first thought was it's the year that the State of Israel became an independant nation, May 14th 1948 to be exact. It would be very exciting for me to have a piece of shaving history to commemorate the Jewish State, especially given recent events. Thanks again and good luck to all. :)

Jay

My Dad passed away March 12, one year ago. He was born in 1948, and shaving with this razor would be in honor of his memory. I also have a 1947 Superspeed that I will pass on to a new user, which was passed to me when I got started in this hobby.
After hitting the post button, I noticed a user right above me posted it was the year his father was born and that he passed a year ago so I will eliminate myself from this PIF to give EWK an opportunity to have it. Thank you anyways for this great PIF. Sorry for your loss EWK.

Jay

After hitting the post button, I noticed a user right above me posted it was the year his father was born and that he passed a year ago so I will eliminate myself from this PIF to give EWK an opportunity to have it. Thank you anyways for this great PIF. Sorry for your loss EWK.

Jay
Thank you very much for your kind thoughts @Jaybyrd . Please do not withdraw from the PIF. I have much to remember my Dad by, and shaving was not a connection point. To be honest, he was a Schick injector guy, not Gillette :). I also very much respect your desire to honor the founding of Israel.

I really enjoy this razor style in general. Already have a NDC notched so out. However I have been using my notched and unnotched Aristocrats and presidents a bit lately. They’re quite fun.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Holy smokes. Very generous PIF @Radimus !!!

A brand spanking new member giving away a beauty of a razor. This place makes me smile. Respectfully not in. But I just wanted to pop in and say-
:thumbsup::a14::thumbsup:

Grateful, Very nice of you.
Good luck to all amazing member.
If won, would go to my dad who is in his mid 90 & a devoted daily shaver..
( I don't want to add up all those days of shaving but he love it...also presses his pants and shirt everyday. Shoes are always cleaned and polished...)
BFX

I'm in for this vintage piece of razor history.

I've always thought Gillette razors of this era were the most attractive. If I win this beautiful razor I have a 1940's Super Speed that I will PIF here.

Top Bottom