What's new

The Washington Redskins

Interesting move. He's always been a great player, but he also has a history of being a knucklehead, dating all the way back to his decision to prematurely spike the football while heading into the end zone during his rookie year. He will be a huge pick up for any team that signs him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Patriots.

With the inferential allegations/guilt by associations against him, I think the public and Goodell would take a very dim view of Djax joining the home of Aaron Hernandez.
The Jets or the Raiders on the other hand...

Here's the story that was the final straw.
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

the Patriots cannot afford another player to go to jail for major crimes anytime soon. they are still recovering from spygate.

Look for Oakland to try to get him.

You're both right.

I had not read the story about his alleged affiliation with members of the Crips who'd been accused of murder, before I wrote my previous post. I thought he'd been released simply because he was being a nuisance. So, yeah, probably won't end up in NE.

Agree about the Jets and Raiders. Possibly KC, because of Reid.

RG3 + DJax might well be a lethal combination.
Hugely surprised he got a 3 year deal with 24 guaranteed. Hugely.

congrats. Not looking forward to him torching the Eagles twice a year.

RG3 + DJax might well be a lethal combination.
Hugely surprised he got a 3 year deal with 24 guaranteed. Hugely.

congrats. Not looking forward to him torching the Eagles twice a year.

RG3 needs to stay healthy or this will be another waste of $$$ by Washington

Part of me think it could be a great combo.
Another part of me says train wreck imminent.

First year coach is always a crapshoot, so who the heck knows.

Sad that I'm getting my sports new on B&B! Didn't realize Jackson had these type of off field issues. I'd still rather have him on my team than Michael Vick. And now they are both gone. Think this was a pretty bad move by the Eagles. Looks like they've known about it for awhile' and failed to address it until now-sort of shady.

Surprised he is going to same division and conference. Nick Fowles can't be too happy about this.

I don't buy that Jackson is anywhere near as big of a problem as he's being made out to be by the press. I don't even get where the comments about him being a distraction are coming from. I really don't remember him having any major problems in all of the time he was with Philly. The only thing I remember him doing is saying that he didn't feel like the Eagles lost anything when they traded McNabb. The way the media is writing it, you'd think he'd had some Terrell Owens or Randy Moss type of issues. I don't remember any of that. He got along fine with Andy Reid and Joe Banner. I think his release has more to do with Chip Kelly believing that his system can work fine without Jackson; and that he'd prefer players who aren't going to be difficult. All of that is fine. I think the gang related stuff is pretty flimsy.

He's getting $16 million guaranteed on a three year $24 million contract. For a 27-year-old coming off his best year, that's not a lot of money.

Of course, we'll see. I agree that all of this hinges on RGIII staying healthy. But Garcon and Jackson give the Redskins one of the best WR tandems in the league. Up there with Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, whomever.

IMO, there's either more to the story ,that we don't know, or the Eagles are just inept. Why would you cut a pro bowl receiver loose, when trading him would have got something in return?

Eagles were shopping him for weeks but no-one bit.
If there is no other shoe to drop, it all looks a bit petty and stupid on Chip's part.
May Desean have a great rest of his career. When he's focused, he's a game changer.

Eagles were shopping him for weeks but no-one bit.
If there is no other shoe to drop, it all looks a bit petty and stupid on Chip's part.
May Desean have a great rest of his career. When he's focused, he's a game changer.

He's certainly going to be focused for 2 weeks out of the season, at least :)

So, with the recent action of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, does the team that plays in or around Washington need to change its name? I don't see the NFL stepping in and forcing the Redskins to do so unless it starts to cost the rest of the owners money, and I asume there's no groundswell of support for a name change by the residents of the area.

From what I've read, this is the beginning of the end for the name.

I've resisted commenting on the topic, because it's more politics than sports, but now that the subject has been broached, I will say that I hope the name is changed. It embarrasses me. I'm embarrassed to wear team apparel. I cannot understand how anyone could think that a couple of decades of "history" or "legacy" of a professional sports team is more important than being sensitive to a group of people who find the name offensive.

But, anyway, excited for the season in a little over two months!

Top Bottom