What's new

The Washington Redskins

WTH is this? I thought this thread was for fans of the NFC East. There's no room for celebration in here. Only bitter cynicism (or reality, as we like to say) about the future of our clubs. Heck, I'm even thinking of starting a petition to move the Iggles to a different division or, in the alternative, to make them fire Kelly and re-hire Richie Kotite.

Congrats on the win YP. Now go kick Carolina's butt.

Ya sorry bout that,I couldn't contain myself.I enjoy checking an popin in on this thread from time to time as it's the most relevant NFL thread on B&B.
ps I like RG3 and really did want to see that kid win
its hard to evaluate a football teams problem from a fan stand point
was canning shanahan the right move to make in the opinion of you redskin fans?

Yeah. Well, I think so... It's hard to say, because there were so many different stories about what was going on and who was clashing with whom and who was getting along with whom. I don't really know exactly what happened, just that everything went wrong. And I think we reached the point where so much had gone wrong that it was time for him to go. The rumors that Shanahan never wanted RGIII and wanted to wait and draft Tannehill probably didn't help.

I don't put the whole blame on Shanahan, or the Shanahans. I think RGIII and Daniel Snyder are at fault, as well. I like RGIII and I want to see him win, too, but I think he needs to chill out with the whole celebrity thing. Chill out with the whole making himself visible to the public, thing. It's easy to see how a guy as young as he is would get caught up in the fanfare, considering he was treated like a conquering gladiator before he even played a game, but he needs to get away from that now. Get back to being one of the 11 guys on offense, albeit the most important one, and go win football games.

I wish that it had worked out with Mike Shanahan. When the Redskins fired Zorn, after that catastrophe, Mike Shanahan was the guy at the top of my list. I realize he had Elway in Denver, but he was also the coordinator for Steve Young in San Francisco and helped turn Young into a stellar quarterback, a sentiment that I think Steve Young would agree with. But right from the beginning, with the trade for McNabb, things seemed to go horribly awry for Shanahan in Washington. I still remember reading the news of that trade on ESPN.com on Easter and immediately sending my brother a text that said, "We just traded for McNabb. What the @#$%?!?!" With the exception of the surprise of last season, things never seemed to go well; and they ended horribly.

Ya sorry bout that,I couldn't contain myself.I enjoy checking an popin in on this thread from time to time as it's the most relevant NFL thread on B&B.
ps I like RG3 and really did want to see that kid win
its hard to evaluate a football teams problem from a fan stand point
was canning shanahan the right move to make in the opinion of you redskin fans?

Congrats on the win. I am just thrilled the Packers got as far as they did despite all the injuries.

We Packer fans are working on a Kaepernick Vodoo doll.:lol:

It's an intense rivalry we share as 9er and packer
always been fierce compitetors
to tell you the truth that was awesome football from both teams
what a game
as for kaepernick an the pack,we'll we're just gonna see if he can keep that rolling but he's off to a great record when facing them
like most people around his age (no matter what state),when we were kids the packers were on top of their game everyone had childhood dreams of playing in a yellow an green jersey around that time,can't denie true winners
so I think he takes you guys very serious

Check it out

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 59
Multiple sources are reporting that the Redskins hired Jay Gruden as their head coach. Is that a good hire? He did good things with Dalton, but the offense certainly sputtered in the playoffs and against better defenses.

Good thing the 'Skins play the Giants and Cowboys twice each season.

Uh... Not really sure about this. I wish we had interviewed Seahawks' offensive coordinator Darren Bevell and 49'ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, because they coached quarterbacks similar to RGIII (Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick) and had a lot of success with them.

I'm not very familiar with Gruden or the Bengals. It seems that there is one school of thought that suggests that Dalton is not that good and Gruden got a lot out of him, the way his brother got a lot out of Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson. The other school of thought, which my pessimism is threatening to enroll me in is: Dalton threw 20 interceptions during the regular season and was horrible last Sunday.

I don't know.

Exactly. I wouldn't be very enthusiastic if we'd signed Jon, so I'm even less enthusiastic that we got Jay. Obviously, Redskins' GM Bruce Allen's relationship with Gruden the Elder factored into this decision, which I'm not wild about, either.

I guess the good thing is that, unlike with Shanahan, I don't have high expectations, so I'm more inclined to be pleasantly surprised if we do well and less inclined to be devastated if we're horrible.

Also, you never know who's going to be the next Harbaugh or Pagano, so I guess it's worth a shot. I just wish it didn't feel so foreordained; and that we'd interviewed the two other coordinators.

Haha. I thought about using him as an example, but I think it's too soon. Both Harbaughs have been great for years and Pagano has been good for two. I need to see more from Chip Kelly before I include him.

We're retaining Jim Haslett as defensive coordinator. The team is doing a great job of making me not very enthusiastic, or optimistic.

Am I the only one who sees this?!?!

proxy.php

$ganondorf_by_theminttu-d5fwoo8.jpg

Maybe I'm actually from Baltimore?

Last edited:
Is anyone else worried Sproles is going to the Iggles? I know he had a down year last year, but I'm not excited about the Giants having to face him twice a year (I'm not deluded enough to think the Giants will make the playoffs and potentially have to face him a third time). I'm fairly certain Philadephia will be the team to beat in the division for the next several seasons.

Is anyone else worried Sproles is going to the Iggles? I know he had a down year last year, but I'm not excited about the Giants having to face him twice a year (I'm not deluded enough to think the Giants will make the playoffs and potentially have to face him a third time). I'm fairly certain Philadephia will be the team to beat in the division for the next several seasons.

I'm not worried about it, mind you I speak as a Pats fan (waits for the board to toss him for that :001_tt2: ), but I don't think you're going to get that much out of him to begin with. 3rd down back maybe, returner? To me, he's getting too old to serious consider using as a consistant option on 3rd downs even...so not really sure why they got him.

Thanks, Clutch. I feel better now. Not as good as I'd feel if Revis were playing for us instead of for you, but better nonetheless.

As an Eagles fan, I'm slightly worried about Sproles. Anything that takes touches from McCoy is not good.
Maybe thay can ship out Deshawn Jackson as they now have another legit returner in Sproles.

As an Eagles fan, I'm slightly worried about Sproles. Anything that takes touches from McCoy is not good.
Maybe thay can ship out Deshawn Jackson as they now have another legit returner in Sproles.

What's wrong with Jackson? He's really good. Not as good as he thinks he is, but really good.

The Redskins have not done much. We signed Hatcher from Dallas. Supposedly we might get Anthony Spencer, too.

The most noteworthy thing that's happened for us is DeAngelo Hall getting in an idiotic Twitter feud with Richard Sherman. That's not a big deal, because by the time we get to the regular season, Sherman is going to have feuded with everyone in the league.

Top Bottom