What's new

Knot Inventory

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have only a few of the two-band Manchurian knots left I got years ago direct from China, I made a couple of group-buys with them (until they screwed me and send bad knots).
The knots before the bad ones are exceptional quality and so far everyone who got a brush with one of these knots say these are truly outstanding badger knots. Now, I have only a few odds and ends left, and I list them here in case somebody might wanted a brush made with them.
20 mm: 1 fan and 1 bulb
22 mm: 1 fan
24 mm: 3 fan and 1 bulb
26 mm: 1 fan
I believe these will be gone soon.

Other knots I carry are:

Shavemac
Shavemac two-band silvertips - most sizes in fan and bulb on hand, these knots I will be always carrying.
D01 knots can be still made to order
A few Finest and three band silvertips are also on hand, I might not get them in the future as there is now a minimum order.

Muehle
25 mm STF are the #1 Synthetic Knots, but I have a few smaller ones, like 21 and 22 mm on hand, plus some black ones

Semogue:
Premium Boar and Mistura

Rudy I do not understand big deal about Knots.

As Ricky Recardo would say, PLEASE SPLAIN.

Difference between Knots, there must be some, but to me I don’t get reason to spend big bucks on brush.

I am all ears.

Rudy Vey

Difference between Knots, there must be some, but to me I don’t get reason to spend big bucks on brush.

I am all ears.
The Shavemac two-band silvertip is as the name says a Two-band badger knot. Finest is a mix of pure and three band silvertip.
D01 are extra densely stuffed knots and are made only to order in the size requested, comes in three or two band, and three shapes: bulb, fan, flattop. The two-band is very special, has huge backbone!
The Muehle knots are synthetic knot.
Semogue the Premium Boar is a high end densely packed boar (not banded!) and the Mistura is a mix of boar and Badger.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have only a few of the two-band Manchurian knots left I got years ago direct from China, I made a couple of group-buys with them (until they screwed me and send bad knots).
The knots before the bad ones are exceptional quality and so far everyone who got a brush with one of these knots say these are truly outstanding badger knots. Now, I have only a few odds and ends left, and I list them here in case somebody might wanted a brush made with them.
20 mm: 1 fan and 1 bulb
22 mm: 1 fan
24 mm: 3 fan and 1 bulb
26 mm: 1 fan
I believe these will be gone soon.

Other knots I carry are:

Shavemac
Shavemac two-band silvertips - most sizes in fan and bulb on hand, these knots I will be always carrying.
D01 knots can be still made to order
A few Finest and three band silvertips are also on hand, I might not get them in the future as there is now a minimum order.

Muehle
25 mm STF are the #1 Synthetic Knots, but I have a few smaller ones, like 21 and 22 mm on hand, plus some black ones

Semogue:
Premium Boar and Mistura
Rudy, Have you heard if Semogue is going to make their new 26mm Mistura knots available to you? They are releasing a new line called Pegasus, as I'm sure you noticed... Boar, Badger and synth... all in 26mm like the LE ones that show up from time to time. No confirmation the knots are the same yet... but I sure hope so.. and hope the knots become available to you for our sakes. ;)

Rudy Vey

Rudy, Have you heard if Semogue is going to make their new 26mm Mistura knots available to you? They are releasing a new line called Pegasus, as I'm sure you noticed... Boar, Badger and synth... all in 26mm like the LE ones that show up from time to time. No confirmation the knots are the same yet... but I sure hope so.. and hope the knots become available to you for our sakes. ;)
I would have to speak with the supplier and see if they will be available.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

I am all ears.
There are knots with soft tips and knots with scratchy tips, knots with vast supplies of backbone, medium backbone and almost floppy, tall knots and short knots, big knots and little knots.

You are correct to imply that any knot will make lather, so it comes down to what you like and how fussy you are about getting what you like.

I'm pretty fussy. I've got a handful of cheap synthetics that all make good lather, but their propensity to fling lather irritates me enough to leave them on the shelf. Clearly anyone could learn to move slow enough to minimize/prevent the flying lather - but I have other brushes that don't do the spring back fling and use those. I have a Muhle synthetic that is miles better than those cheap synthetics (for me) and use that as my travel brush. I have a Wald synthetic that's considerably better than the STF, and that's the synthetic I use at home. If I never tried the Wald I would have no idea how much better it was (well, I did because of all the reviews here) - so the best way to not find out the knots you have could be better is to never try one.

I have a similar story for my badger brushes and my boar brushes. Like most things, there is a gamut of qualities and prices. Rudy is our resident brush genius, and if you like a knot but want a little more backbone he can work his magic. But not caring about your brush knot is an excellent way to have one less thing to worry about and more money in your pocket - nothing to sneeze at!

There are knots with soft tips and knots with scratchy tips, knots with vast supplies of backbone, medium backbone and almost floppy, tall knots and short knots, big knots and little knots.

You are correct to imply that any knot will make lather, so it comes down to what you like and how fussy you are about getting what you like.

I'm pretty fussy. I've got a handful of cheap synthetics that all make good lather, but their propensity to fling lather irritates me enough to leave them on the shelf. Clearly anyone could learn to move slow enough to minimize/prevent the flying lather - but I have other brushes that don't do the spring back fling and use those. I have a Muhle synthetic that is miles better than those cheap synthetics (for me) and use that as my travel brush. I have a Wald synthetic that's considerably better than the STF, and that's the synthetic I use at home. If I never tried the Wald I would have no idea how much better it was (well, I did because of all the reviews here) - so the best way to not find out the knots you have could be better is to never try one.

I have a similar story for my badger brushes and my boar brushes. Like most things, there is a gamut of qualities and prices. Rudy is our resident brush genius, and if you like a knot but want a little more backbone he can work his magic. But not caring about your brush knot is an excellent way to have one less thing to worry about and more money in your pocket - nothing to sneeze at!

Well your reply was good info, my brushes if tool would be sold at Harbor Freight, price point tool for hobby work.

Not the good stuff Mac, or Snapon sell that last for ever, are heavy duty, and have way more then 30 day guarantee.

Rudy Vey

Updated:
Knot inventory update on the Manchurian knots:
20 mm: 1 fan
24 mm: 3 fan

Can confirm, the Manchurian knots are solid! Looks great, thanks again Rudy

IMG_0477.jpeg

Love this! Made me think of the old Eric Burdon and War tune, Spill the Wine! When he's describing every kind of girl:

There was long ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones
Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones

Rudy Vey

Love this! Made me think of the old Eric Burdon and War tune, Spill the Wine! When he's describing every kind of girl:

There was long ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones
Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones
Love the song. I think Eric Burdon and War was the very first concert I went to, probably 69/70. My friends big brother drove us there as we had no licenses yet. Time really flies.

Top Bottom