What's new

The Five Dollar Crowd

Okay. I thought about it a little more. And I may change one rule.

Instead of limiting myself to $5.00 for a single razor, yet allowing an additional $5.00 on shipping costs, I may raise the total spending limit to a $10.00 maximum per razor (which includes any shipping costs). It just makes more sense. And the math is easier.

I don't know. I'm still thinking about it...out loud.

Me

Okay. I thought about it a little more. And I may change one rule.

Instead of limiting myself to $5.00 for a single razor, yet allowing an additional $5.00 on shipping costs, I may raise the total spending limit to a $10.00 maximum per razor (which includes any shipping costs). It just makes more sense. And the math is easier.

I don't know. I'm still thinking about it...out loud.

Me

Please do fill us in as soon as you make up your mind. This raises the odds now too...

Please do fill us in as soon as you make up your mind. This raises the odds now too...

And it lets me keep one of the many 1948-1950 No Date Code Super-Speeds or the 1947 (Unnotched) Super-Speed I found on my doorstep after work. (Thank you, Mail Lady.)

Argh! I would hate to give them all up.

Me

And it lets me keep one of the many 1948-1950 No Date Code Super-Speeds or the 1947 (Unnotched) Super-Speed I found on my doorstep after work. (Thank you, Mail Lady.)

Argh! I would hate to give them all up.

Me

I see so there is a method to the madness.......:rolleyes:

So what will tomorrows rule change be?

Double ARGH! It's not a 1947 SS, it's an old Ranger Tech! And the rules say I can't keep it. Darn my rules!

(Unless I change them.)

Me

No. I have to be strong. (I am so weak.) I can't change the rules. (Argh.)

I'm just searching for excuses to add a No Date Code and a Ranger Tech to the mini collection. I mean, really...the Ranger Tech is the grandfather to the Super-Speed. How can any self-respecting Super-Speed enthusiast throw out a Ranger Tech simply because it broke the rule by a simple $3.75? I ask you...Really!

(I suck.)

Me

No. I have to be strong. (I am so weak.) I can't change the rules. (Argh.)

I'm just searching for excuses to add a No Date Code and a Ranger Tech to the mini collection. I mean, really...the Ranger Tech is the grandfather to the Super-Speed. How can any self-respecting Super-Speed enthusiast throw out a Ranger Tech simply because it broke the rule by a simple $3.75? I ask you...Really!

(I suck.)

Me

We have to take care of our elders.....afterall, the paved the way...

Solution: I am allowed to make trades. So I traded with myself--one VGC 1952 X2 SS Silver Tip (under $5.00) for one FC 1941 Ranger Tech. I call it fair. =)

Oh! And I am in the process of negotiating with myself over the 1950 V3 SS. If everything goes well, I'll be able to keep it. (Fingers cross'd.)

(It's fun being mentally confused.)

Me

The rules are simple. I may buy as many razors for my personal research that I like, but I may only keep the razors which cost $5.00 or less. (In addition, the total shipping cost must be $5.00 or less.) All other razors must go...after I am done researching, that is. =)

Anyway, here is a quick shot of a few of the "Five Dollar [or under] Crowd".

(What's in YOUR five dollar crowd?)

Me

hey, what is that flair tip with the light blue body? I have never seen that one.

hey, what is that flair tip with the light blue body? I have never seen that one.

That's a 1966 L4 SS Black Handle. The original color must've faded away leaving a nice grayish/bluish color. Sweet, huh? It's one of my favorites!

Me

That's a 1966 L4 SS Black Handle. The original color must've faded away leaving a nice grayish/bluish color. Sweet, huh? It's one of my favorites!

Me

yeah, it is cool. I had one of those and I always thought that the handle was plastic, but I guess it was good paint.

yeah, it is cool. I had one of those and I always thought that the handle was plastic, but I guess it was good paint.

It seems many people think every 1970s SS Black Handle is the same. I know of at least four different versions of it, and that's without even researching it.

I have a 1979 Z1 that is painted black too.

Me

It seems many people think every 1970s SS Black Handle is the same. I know of at least four different versions of it, and that's without even researching it.

I have a 1979 Z1 that is painted black too.

Me

Hmm count me in that group. :confused: I have noticed two different head designs with the black handle. Got any photos?

Hmm count me in that group. :confused: I have noticed two different head designs with the black handle. Got any photos?

There are at least three head designs and one of those has two grip designs. I am waiting on the third head design to arrive in my mailbox. And I still have a photo somewhere of the 1980s diamond grip pattern I sold a short while ago. (You remember that one.)

I'll post all four (maybe more) models in a new thread soon.

Thanks,
Christopher

There are at least three head designs and one of those has two grip designs. I am waiting on the third head design to arrive in my mailbox. And I still have a photo somewhere of the 1980s diamond grip pattern I sold a short while ago. (You remember that one.)

I'll post all four (maybe more) models in a new thread soon.

Thanks,
Christopher

Christopher,

Yes the waffle grip, how could I forget that! :blush: I'm interested in the third head design, I can only find two but my Black handle stocks are dwindling.

Top Bottom