What's new

The Five Dollar Crowd

The rules are simple. I may buy as many razors for my personal research that I like, but I may only keep the razors which cost $5.00 or less. (In addition, the total shipping cost must be $5.00 or less.) All other razors must go...after I am done researching, that is. =)

Anyway, here is a quick shot of a few of the "Five Dollar [or under] Crowd".

(What's in YOUR five dollar crowd?)

Me

The second one from the left, is that a super speed? I've never seen one
with a blue base.. just a blue tip. Gorgeous razor. I'll post my 5 dollar collection (actually my 2 dollar collection soon enough).

The second one from the left, is that a super speed? I've never seen one with a blue base...

That's actually a 1966 L4 SS Black Handle which I found a while ago at the local flea market. The black anodized finish faded off and left a cool gun metal gray/blue color. Neat, huh? (And only $3 too.)

Me =)

That's actually a 1966 L4 SS Black Handle which I found a while ago at the local flea market. The black anodized finish faded off and left a cool gun metal gray/blue color. Neat, huh? (And only $3 too.)

Me =)

I actually like it better without the black! I can't wait to pick one up
for cheap and remove the black finish for that gun-slinging cool look :thumbup1:

Wow now that's a cool idea. I'll have to try that. I have to admit that I haven't found any yet in that price range. I must not be trying hard enough. In my defense, I only know of one place in my area where this sort of stuff shows up at all. I know, cast the nets wider... cast the nets wider, well wish me luck.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I hope you don't mind, but I'm planning to show this photo to my wife. It will help me get several more soaps and creams without objection, I'm fairly certain. I mean this in the nicest possible way! :a2:

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

You should show her some pics from the stash of Ron or Joel. She'll buy you a new car.

You should she her some pics from the stash of Ron or Joel. She'll buy you a new car.

Ah yes, I misplaced my photos from Joel... surely that's going to keep me in guilt-free shaving produce for many a year to come! :ihih:

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

5 razors w/cases + an extra Aristocrat case. $30.55 total shipped. I bought Tarn-X, Maas and Walgreen's imitation Scubbing Bubbles for cleaning them. Is there a way to restore or at least clean the cases?

I don't keep track either....Like you said, this is all about the fun of it. It's not a business, just a hobby......

Should I take into consideration the cost of cleaners and polish?...:lol:

I absolutely keep it a hobby and that's why I enjoy it so. The moment you have to start treating anything as a business then it will begin to become stressful instead of enjoyable. I intend to keep this an enjoyable, stress reducing hobby.

Thanks.

Short trip to las vegas this week . Be back in ten days if you can drop me a line a [email protected] . Next trip to ct. I will swing by . Any suggestions for las vegas ?

Sure do, don't spend all your money, bring some back so when you stop by you cab indulge in a couple nice razors from me...:lol:

Really though, Vegas, can't help you there. It was all a blur the time I stopped out there.
Reno, now that's a diffrent story, I lived there for just over a year.

thanks for the advice... But i will keep my eye's open . you have my e mail addey so if you think of anything drop me a line ...ok

Top Bottom