What's new

super max blade

Has anybody been using super max blades, I just tried one that I got as a sample from a B&Ber, liked it better than my Astra Sp so far, I have alot of Astra so I will see how it holds up. Not having the best of luck with my Astra, seems like I am one of the few. :sad:

Has anybody been using super max blades, I just tried one that I got as a sample from a B&Ber, liked it better than my Astra Sp so far, I have alot of Astra so I will see how it holds up. Not having the best of luck with my Astra, seems like I am one of the few. :sad:

I thought I was alone in this world! I also have not had much luck with Astra. It work ok, but the Personna Lab has performed so much better for me.

I have the Supermax in my sample pack but have not tried it yet. I'm currently going through Derbys (slightly worse than Astra for me), but will put the Supermax next.

SuperMax blades don't get a lot of play here, but they are excellent blades. Typically, they're of very modest cost on the 'bay and a good bargain.

-- John Gehman

They are great blades Bernie, I prefer the SuperMax Super Platinums over any blade that I have tried so far, but as always, for each person YMMV. I went 6 days on a blade that was still sharp and performed well.

Are the Super Max blades in the green packs the same as the blue packs and the blue and orange packs and green and yellow packs?

Last edited:
I like the SuperMax Platinums. Excellent bang for the buck - for me at least.

The SuperMax Super Platinums are at or near the top tier for me and I'm surprised that they don't get more mention here.

I started that thread a few weeks ago, and yes...the supermax super platinum I feel is the finest blade around. I was pif'd some great blades by bobusa..(thanks again!!) including the regular supermax platinum. I used one this morning and got a excellent shave,

I've also tried the Titanium gifted by my brother (thanks Daniel Planview!) and find them excellent as well.

IMHO they are the most under rated blade on the market. Currently I have over 400 blades, including many of the most popular blades on this forum ( Crystals, Personna Red IP, Personna labs, Iridium super, Astra, Gillette Yellow and black, Treet, Racer, ) But time and time again find these to be the most comfortable and efficient blades.

Are the Super Max blades in the green packs the same as the blue packs and the blue and orange packs and green and yellow packs?

Toddy, all --

I think that SuperMax only makes 3 or 4 different blades, but packages them in a variety of packaging designs for different markets. I think that holds true for the large number of Lord blades as well --3 or 4 products in a multitude of different presentations for different regional markets.

-- John Gehman

I really like the SuperMax Platinums, but I've also had more dud blades with this brand than any other. Their quality control must be lacking at the factory. I find them to be very close in performance to my beloved Gillette Russian blues, but I don't get the random duds with the Gillettes.

Cheers!

I have only used the SuperMax Titanium blades and they are on my top 4 list of blades right along with Personna super blue (lab and meds), Voskhod teflon, and Feathers.

$P1010018.JPG

Supermax has a number of packaging options. Most folks here, including Bluesbishop (aka Ken) are talking about the Supermax Super Platinum. There is also a Supermax Platinum, SM Super Stainless, SM Stainless (which Bullgoose has in blue box, but there's also the traditional green/yellow packing. There's also a brown version on Razor Blades and more.

The moral of the story, be sure what you're buying.

Having said that, after reading Ken's enthusiastic review of the Super Platinum I tried a few and had the "wow experience in a Merkur HD, so last night just ordered in bulk from razor blades and more (thanks Ken).

Supermax has a number of packaging options. Most folks here, including Bluesbishop (aka Ken) are talking about the Supermax Super Platinum. There is also a Supermax Platinum, SM Super Stainless, SM Stainless (which Bullgoose has in blue box, but there's also the traditional green/yellow packing. There's also a brown version on Razor Blades and more.

The moral of the story, be sure what you're buying.

Having said that, after reading Ken's enthusiastic review of the Super Platinum I tried a few and had the "wow experience in a Merkur HD, so last night just ordered in bulk from razor blades and more (thanks Ken).

I personally really like buying from Razor blades and more http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/ He's a great guy, a forum member and great prices and service...and he always sends out some free blades to try....I've got 25 free blades in my last order!

But redrako is right..be careful what you buy...may not get the blades I've recommended. ( again, buy from a good vendor like RB&M and you won't have a problem)

That being said....I used the "regular" Supermax Platinum today...NOT the Super Platinum which as been my favorite blade, and received a WONDERFUL BBS shave in my 40's NDC Super Speed.

Redrako...I'm glad you liked these blades as much as I did...nice thing about B&B....we all learn from each other...I'm glad you got the "WOW" too.....they are an awesome blade...one thing I've learned here though is YMMV...and just because I love a blade doesn't mean you will....drop RB&M a line..I'm sue you will send you some Supermax samplers so you can see which blade is right for you...but at $10.50 for 100 blades on the Supermax super platinum it may be the best buy out there right now...

For fans of the Platinums, I seen 240 blades all the time on the bay for around $19...

I personally really like buying from Razor blades and more http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/ He's a great guy, a forum member and great prices and service...and he always sends out some free blades to try....I've got 25 free blades in my last order!

But redrako is right..be careful what you buy...may not get the blades I've recommended. ( again, buy from a good vendor like RB&M and you won't have a problem)

That being said....I used the "regular" Supermax Platinum today...NOT the Super Platinum which as been my favorite blade, and received a WONDERFUL BBS shave in my 40's NDC Super Speed.

Redrako...I'm glad you liked these blades as much as I did...nice thing about B&B....we all learn from each other...I'm glad you got the "WOW" too.....they are an awesome blade...one thing I've learned here though is YMMV...and just because I love a blade doesn't mean you will....drop RB&M a line..I'm sue you will send you some Supermax samplers so you can see which blade is right for you...but at $10.50 for 100 blades on the Supermax super platinum it may be the best buy out there right now...

For fans of the Platinums, I seen 240 blades all the time on the bay for around $19...

I agree with you about Razor Blades and More After a few years of being quite happy with Red Personnas, Sharp Stainless, Astra SS & SP, and moderately happy with Derbys. I decided to expand my horizons and have been adding a few tucks to purchases, and then occasionally put together custom blade sampler packs of a tuck or two different blades.

The most recent custom sampler was from Dave at Razor, Blades and More. I picked up the Guru sampler and added a few tucks of the Supermax Super plats. Dave threw in quite a few extra blades (including the Supermax Titaniums) , so that when I opened the box I thought he had made a mistake.

I'm curious though if the Supermax Super Stainless in the blue box at Bullgoose is the same blade as the older Green/Yellow box Supermax Super Stainless that you see on Ebay?

Are the Platinum different from the Titanium? I had a sample pack of Titanium put in with an order, tried 1 blade, 2 strokes, that was MORE than enough of that blade for me. One of the few times I've actually stopped and changed a blade mid-shave.

Are the Platinum different from the Titanium? I had a sample pack of Titanium put in with an order, tried 1 blade, 2 strokes, that was MORE than enough of that blade for me. One of the few times I've actually stopped and changed a blade mid-shave.

Totally different blade....the Super Platinum cost less money, but IMHO is a superior shave...now that being said, I've tried the titaniums and enjoyed them..... Personalty I have found with MOST blades I've tried ( Not just the Supermax ) that I get a BETTER shave the second and third shave...

What didn't you like about the titanium?

Here is the link to the Super plats: http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/content/100-supermax-super-platinum-double-edged-blades

Have yet to try the platinum, will try for some soon

I can say the green, yellows are great

I got 100 for $7 on the bay, shipped with cologne sample of irish tweed

I usually include a few in my razor sales

Top Bottom