What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

Darn, just as I think my RAD has been cured with a slim adjustable, this thread comes up.

These razors are quite intruiging and a decent user grade Gem Micromatics seems very easy to find for not too much money.

Yes, you are doomed as doomed could be- about three months ago i recall saying to my very tolerant wife - "well, I think I have enough razors now!" Then I started messing with SEs and added nearly a dozen of those to my collection loving every one of them with the same passion that I gave DEs and Injectors.

Noooo... This thread will ruin good deals on SE razors. Soon others will realize how great they are.

I'm definitely a LOSER for my Schick injectors, ER 1924, and Gem G-bar. All phenomenal shavers.

I hope to pick up an ER 1912 and 1914 since 2012 and 2014 are big years for me.

I had said about a month ago that I was done with purchasing razors. I really thought that I was until I shaved with a SE.

I have done a complete 180 on what I like out of a razor, I thought that I preferred a very aggressive razor, as that was what was giving me the best shaves. The truth is I just prefer a more efficient razor, and that I have found with SE's.

Yesterday I had a bad shaving experience with the 2011 R41, so I needed a mild razor for today. I broke out the Heavy Flat Top, also know as a G-Bar, and had one of he gretest mild, yet efficient DFS shaves in two passes.

The more I shave with SE's, the less I find a need for any of my DE's.

Plus, really, can you find too many razors with such a cool art-deco vibe?

I just love this razor.

proxy.php

G-Bar is gooood razor.

I remember the surprise I felt when I found out that people actually shaved with those "paint scraper" blades.

what is everyone's favorite se blade? i've only used the drug store gem/personnas. they shave just fine.. ..

I really like the Ted Pella blades that I just got as part of the group buy, but I admit I like the Walgreen GEM/Persona Blades almost as much.

Tried my new Gem Push Button for the first time this morning. I don't expect much from razors I'm not used to because each one has its own handling characteristics and it usually takes me a few times to get it dialed in.

I did an uneventful four pass with no clean-up and much to my surprise, my principle problem areas under my jawline were bbs! 16 hours later stubble is just beginning to be palpable which is better than it usually is right after shaving.

Maybe this was just a fluke or maybe I'm just getting good at this. Either way I'm becoming a complete LOSER!

Some like the stainless, while others prefer the carbon steel blades. I much prefer the carbon steel blades, namely the Treet, Gem Blue Star and the CVS brand. Some guys like the PAL blue carbon blades but I've not had much luck with them. You'll just have to try a couple different kinds to see which you prefer.

what is everyone's favorite se blade? i've only used the drug store gem/personnas. they shave just fine.. ..

yeah i love the looks of the G bar too. like the weight of it too,
just no gotten round to trying mine out, i think it may be calling me....

I had said about a month ago that I was done with purchasing razors. I really thought that I was until I shaved with a SE.

I have done a complete 180 on what I like out of a razor, I thought that I preferred a very aggressive razor, as that was what was giving me the best shaves. The truth is I just prefer a more efficient razor, and that I have found with SE's.

Yesterday I had a bad shaving experience with the 2011 R41, so I needed a mild razor for today. I broke out the Heavy Flat Top, also know as a G-Bar, and had one of he gretest mild, yet efficient DFS shaves in two passes.

I just love this razor.

proxy.php

i have only tried the Ted Pella ones available from Connaughts, here in the UK,

Some like the stainless, while others prefer the carbon steel blades. I much prefer the carbon steel blades, namely the Treet, Gem Blue Star and the CVS brand. Some guys like the PAL blue carbon blades but I've not had much luck with them. You'll just have to try a couple different kinds to see which you prefer.

yeah i think that happened with the Cult of Streamline, post,

Noooo... This thread will ruin good deals on SE razors. Soon others will realize how great they are.

I'm definitely a LOSER for my Schick injectors, ER 1924, and Gem G-bar. All phenomenal shavers.

I hope to pick up an ER 1912 and 1914 since 2012 and 2014 are big years for me.

I just love this razor.

proxy.php
I'm right there with you, Arley. As I've stated before, my dad used SEs only and I'm understanding why. The firm spine and rigid SE blade is much similar to a straight razor than a DE blade.

Even blade handling is easier/safer with the SE blades that only have one edge to worry about when inserting into the razor. As for shaving, I like dealing with one solid edge rather than two flexing edges. And, in my old age, I find it a minor challenge to remember to flip the DE razor back and forth between edges as I shave. Yeah, that's sounds silly...until you get older! :)

I really like the Ted Pella blades that I just got as part of the group buy, but I admit I like the Walgreen GEM/Persona Blades almost as much.

I'm 100% confident that the GEM blades from walgreens are the same blades as the ted pella's. I dont have a microscope to compare, but they look and feel the same to me.

proxy.php

My Treet SE.

Actually not as good for shaving as my 1912 chain handle, which is my daily razor, but it is cool looking anyway!

I'm 100% confident that the GEM blades from walgreens are the same blades as the ted pella's. I dont have a microscope to compare, but they look and feel the same to me.

I have one of those handheld ones from radio shack that has a light in it, I need to compare edges on the two. About to shave in a little while, so I think that I will load a Ted Pella in one of the razors and the Personna in another and see if my face notices a difference.

proxy.php

My Treet SE.

Actually not as good for shaving as my 1912 chain handle, which is my daily razor, but it is cool looking anyway!

That is a very cool looking razor, I bet that the handle helps provide great audio feedback.

Top Bottom