What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

i have converted almost exclusively to the single edge and couldn't be happier. super close, super smooth, and super comfortable. plus, imo, they are the coolest looking razors around.

here's my L.O.S.E.R set.....

top row....Streamline, G Bar, Silver Bullet Tip, Gold Bullet Tip,
bottom row, 2x OCMM, 2x ClogPruf

proxy.php

Contour II, Gold Push Button, Silver Push Button, Gold Featherweight Silver Featherweight

proxy.php

top row, 2x Damaskeene's, 2x 1914's
bottom row, 3x 1912 Ever Ready's, 1x 1912 Star
then a GEM Junior

proxy.php

Schick Injector

proxy.php

and lastly my Streamline Set...

proxy.php

During Gemruary, I really got an appreciation for SE's, mostly using my Damaskeene at that time. I still have a Lather Catcher, OCMM, Clog-Proof and a couple of Injectors I've never tried yet! Curse the Minimalist May! (and to make it worse, the LE brush is apparently shipping soon...aaaaaaaahhhh!)

.....on this day as God is my witness, you single edge razor lovers will be known to me as LOSERS ........as you wish fine sir!!

I have to admit that before I saw that video, I was still fooling with acronyms myself, but how can you argue after viewing that- makes no rational sense but this would be my conclusion now even if "shaving" were not mentioned in the lyrics (and it is)- but then when did vintage razor collecting become exactly rational (ask those not on B&B for the correct answer to that!)- so IMHO all voices are understandably silenced now (sorry "seals" is already taken- ask Osama B's buds) and I am going with LOSERS and hope it makes it to the Wikipage definitions some day!!!!!!!!!!!!

proxy.php

Contour II, Gold Push Button, Silver Push Button, Gold Featherweight Silver Featherweight

proxy.php

then a GEM Junior

proxy.php

Schick Injector

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow...that is a nice collection. As much as I would love a cased Steamline, I'm keeping my eye out for any that I can find.

wow very impressive collection!'

proxy.php

proxy.php

then a GEM Junior

proxy.php

Schick Injector

proxy.php

proxy.php

I like them, although now I have more double edge razors.

My first ever shave was with a Gem, that's what Dad used, then we switched to Schick injectors. To my knowledge Dad never used a double edge, have no idea why. I will soon be 67 years old and my first double edge shave was aboutr 2 years ago. Doubles are great but there something about going back to a Gem 1912 or Dad's old G Bar which looks like it just came out of the box.

I sed the G-Bar, or Heavy Flat Top. Very mild, but affer the R41 last night, I needed a mild shave

proxy.php

I sed the G-Bar, or Heavy Flat Top. Very mild, but affer the R41 last night, I needed a mild shave

After and R41 i cant Shave for 2 Days, Even though it does a good job, just takes of to much layers of skin for me, Dont mind it if i had a 3-4 growth but not for eveyday shaving, NO NO. I just had me a Wonderful Shave with the Ever Ready 1914 and the new group buy Gem blades that are Coated, 3 pass, WTG, XTG, ATG What a BBS I got. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Darn, just as I think my RAD has been cured with a slim adjustable, this thread comes up.

These razors are quite intruiging and a decent user grade Gem Micromatics seems very easy to find for not too much money.

I've never even thought about SE till my brother became the self appointed evangelist and LOSER founder....thats all he ever talks about....LOL....Getting a little SERAD myself...the streamlines look awesome!!

Ken,
i am going to give the SEs another opportunity. i am waiting on an OCMM to see how they compare to DE Open-Combs. The Gem Bullit and Ever Ready were a bit to mild for me, so i want to see what the Open-Combs are like.
Will report back when i receive and use it.

Very nice, and such a classic combo with the Clubman Bay Rum. How is that OS shaving cream? I have been meaning to try it.

If you like OS; then you'll enjoy the cream. It's not the best, good cushion, not very mosturizing... Its a good middle of the road cream; but if you love OS then you'll really enjoy it; plus its very inexpensive on the bay.

Top Bottom