What's new

🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “Vintage Shaving Gear Week” April 22nd-28th, 2024 🪒 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday Morning Whisker Walkabout

I actually liked this razor a bit better than the Empire style Wilkinson.
The Empire is very top heavy with a wonky balance point.
The Dunhill type is sleek and effective. Good balance.
Still like a razor blade on a stick, but not too scary.
Used a PAL Carbon to be more true to the original feel.
I don't hone so the original wedge blades can't be used.

Wilkinson Sword Dunhill Razor
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (1X)
Talbot Shaving Winter's Refraction
Semogue Torga C5 Onyx Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On
AYLM Ishtar Aftershave

757BF700-C7D4-4177-9A00-ED575E51F177-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, April 24th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 316 SSP head with a Yaqi handle. Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent design + machining and finish QC. I receive some excellent shaves consistently with the Lupo.72 and checks all the boxes I enjoy with a excellent razor. I had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (2) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade.
Soap : Taylor of Bond street(TOBS)Herbal Sandalwood. Very enjoyable Herbal scented sandalwood with excellent lather qualities. Very nice scented soap and one of my favorite scents and performers of excellence.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice brush IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and sandalwood splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 with a Gillette Perma- sharp blade.
SOTD April 24 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Some time ago having caught RAD, I was browsing an online marketplace when I saw a crusty old travel kit for sale.
Nothing special, cracked leather case, some nasty old brushes, soap canisters, a beat up Gillette Slim Twist, and some Thin blades.
What caught my eye in the pictures was a little Tech tucked away between the soap canisters. The seller wasn't asking much, so I bought it.

When I received the kit I was thrilled to find what I believe is an English flat bottom Tech with the thin handle!
It cleaned up nicely with some dish soap and an old toothbrush but there were some ugly "stains" on the top cap.

In my ignorance I stupidly decided to spray some bathroom cleaner on the razor. I then put it aside thinking it could soak a couple of minutes before rinsing.

...and then I was distracted... and I FORGOT ABOUT IT!!!

Some hours later I found the cap looking even worse than before... SIGH!

Oh well... there it is, might not be shiny and nice all over, but I love it nevertheless :)

bandb_240424.jpg

Todays excellent shave:
TGS Abysso soap and aftershave
Semogue Galahad C3 boar
Proraso Blue preshave
Tatra blade (second shave)
Thayers (forgot to bring it for the picture)

Really solid shave on the eve of 4/23.

Recently acquired this Henckles DE from a fellow member and it is really a great shaver. Ingrams has grown on me as the weather warms though its scent still kinda reminds me of a citronella candle scent doesn't linger so any AS afterwards works. Post shave feel and cooling effect are great. These west German blades are possibly the thinnest I've ever handled, they seem to really perform great if the angle of attack is a bit greater..... the flatter they sit in a razor it seems performance drops a bit of that makes sense.
20240424_083416.jpg

1C78BD31-6692-449F-AAB9-7B9C860224F9.jpeg

Razor - Charcoal Goods Stinger Gen 2 L2
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Rich Man Shaving Polar Sky w/ UltraLux XL knot
Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Age Bay Rum

The CG and the Nacet pair well for a very smooth and efficient shave. The UltraLux XL badger knot in this brush is very soft and comfortable - definitely one of my favorites. This shave soap has my favorite bay rum scent - it is more akin to a spicy bay rum.

Thursday SOTD
20240423_154151.jpg

Razor: 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D4)
Brush: Plisson size 14 European White Badger
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: P.160 Tipo Duro
Balm: RR R-160
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Status