What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

strop

Now half as wise
David,
What an outstanding photo. I think I'm going to need to play around with Photobucket a little more. I need to really step up my game to keep up with you. I've never had the opportunity to smell any of the Floris scents, but I'm hoping to rectify that with a trip to London some time!

David,
What an outstanding photo. I think I'm going to need to play around with Photobucket a little more. I need to really step up my game to keep up with you. I've never had the opportunity to smell any of the Floris scents, but I'm hoping to rectify that with a trip to London some time!

Thank you, Mark. I really like the new Photobucket imaging system. Floris soaps have taken a bit of a knock around here, the reformulation process and all that, but they really are top notch performers now. Never tried the Elite, but JF is now my favourite, ahead of the No.89.

proxy.php

[/QUOTE

What a pic, David !!!! ]:a47:

De La Foulhouze French 6/8" Frameback
Mühle Best Badger
L`Occitane Cade SS
Terre d´Hermes ASB

Have a nice day! :smile:

proxy.php

Oh my, Erwin, you finally did it!! A straight razor shave!!!:thumbup::thumbup: How was it? I can't remember if I have seen it before but is that your first time with Cade? Looks like a new puck you have there.

Monday, 7.V.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue 1305
The Body Shop w/ sesame oil
Mühle R101 (2010)
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Real Shaving Co. Daily Balm

proxy.php

No outdoor shot....it must be cloudy, Emanuel!:001_huh::lol: Well it is here, anyway. Nice close up in your excellent style.:001_smile

Moos and Thäter can't have been other than a great shave :001_smile

Nice :thumbup1:

7 MAY 2012

*Gillette OC Old Type
*Gillette Yellows
*Semogue LE 2010
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter

Nice close-up :thumbup:

Can't go wrong with a W&B and Shavemac :cool:

You got some really nice razors Bela.
And a great shot too :thumbup:

All of a sudden, I'm not too sure that I'm actually glad you're back :wink:
- just kidding of course, what a great reflective close-up :a47: :a14:

No reflections today, but a straight :confused: - you keep surprising Erwin.
Very nice shot :thumbup1:

great close-up :thumbup:

Well, if we get any closer to that beehive, I'm sure we can hear the bees :biggrin1:
Great photo :thumbup:

Semogue, Cella and a Slim; if you didn't get a great shave you only have yourself to blame :001_smile
I really like the vintage look of the photo :thumbup1:

Thank you for sharing Gentlemen :thumbup:
All those straights are giving me ticks; I am feeling "homesick" and am looking forward to the day my current DE blade test is over.

All of a sudden, I'm not too sure that I'm actually glad you're back :wink:
- just kidding of course, what a great reflective close-up :a47: :a14:

Thank you, Soren, but you have nothing to fear, my friend. Your Tabac shot this morning is just typical of the skill you hold behind the camera.:thumbup1::001_smile

Floid Sandolor
Gold Dachs Rivivage
Restored Century TGN Silvertip
DR Harris/EJ89
Personna Med
Floid Vigaroso
Blenheim Bouquet

View attachment 242018

I was really pressed for time this morning, so I broke out an old favorite. A straight shave still takes me twice as long. End result was still a BBS shave. A great way to start a very busy week.

I have to say that if I was in a hurry, I'd reach for my one and only DE. The EJ is quite outstanding, Mark, as are the rest of your shaving products this morning. And all brought together in a close-up masterpiece! Congratulations!!:thumbup1:

7 MAY 2012

*Gillette OC Old Type
*Gillette Yellows
*Semogue LE 2010
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter

An amazing close-up, Celestino!:lol: Those soaps are making quite an appearance now. I am going to hold off though buying one. I have just had yet another US parcel intercepted by UK Customs, and wanting to apply a charge, along with a ridiculous one by the Royal Mail also.:angry:

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm MÜHLE (Synthetic fibres)
SOAP/CREAM: J&E Atkinson's I COLONIALI, Softening Shaving Cream with Rhubarb
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 7 /8" J.A. Henckels Friodur, stainless steel, square point, w/Worked back and White Ebony scales
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: J&E Atkinson's I COLONIALI, Sooting Aftershave Emulsion with Rhubarb
RESULT: Smooth shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Bela, the first time I saw this cream in a photo of yours was on 1st April. When I saw rhubarb, I seriously thought it was an April fool!:001_unsur But obviously not. Great Friodur and an amazing shave/pic!:thumbup1:

Well, if we get any closer to that beehive, I'm sure we can hear the bees :biggrin1:
Great photo :thumbup:
Thanks Soren. That Beehive is absolutely fantastic, the softness is great. Very different to both my Thater and my EJ Silvertip.
Plus the size, and handle shape makes it a fantastic little thing.

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
I have to say that if I was in a hurry, I'd reach for my one and only DE. The EJ is quite outstanding, Mark, as are the rest of your shaving products this morning. And all brought together in a close-up masterpiece! Congratulations!!:thumbup1:

Thanks you, David. I'm still new enough to the straight that I still have several DE razors around, but have given some away to my son and brother. And after a year of trying out products, I've decided there is no reason to shave with anything less than quality products.

Thanks you, David. I'm still new enough to the straight that I still have several DE razors around, but have given some away to my son and brother. And after a year of trying out products, I've decided there is no reason to shave with anything less than quality products.

I couldn't agree more, Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom