What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Razorock King Louis - SOC - Mergress - Med Prep - King Louis AS Lotion - Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir

Matt, two words....."Shaving Heaven". I love the King Louis Lavender, although I do find it leaves my skin just a little dry afterwards, compared to the tallow variety.

Joszef, I knew you were going to be one of the early posters here, so I deliberately started the thread around 1.00am, before going to bed. And an excellent pic you have given us too!:thumbup1:

Thank you David! But I'm think my pictures made in minimalist style...maybe I will buy a bigger photo tent. :wink:

Monday, May 7, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: Speick
Brush: Semogue LE 2011 Bristle 2
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Post: Cold water rinse followed by some Speick After Shave

View attachment 241879

Johnny, how do you rate the Speick AS to the Floid Blue? I personally prefer the Italian Floid and Speick is a take it, leave it affair.

Monday morning, May 7, 2012

Schick E2 Injector Razor w/ Schick blade (10)
Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
TABAC shaving soap w/ warm water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

Ten shaves with the Schick blade!

A wonderful way to start the new week, Nick, shave and pic! :thumbup1:

Three award winning shots. Excellent, gentlemen, simply excellent!

Thank you very much, Bill - it`s my pleasure. :smile:

Let's open the SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria of May 2012 with these stunning shots of our B&B SOTD fans! Thank you so much, Gentlemen!

Grazie, Marco! :smile:

Great things here, Erwin. A fabulous close-up!
Sunday morning bliss, my friend. Amazing pic as always!

Thank you very much, very kind of you, David, as always .... :smile:

The setup for this shot is great! How do you compare the GZD berber to Arko? Would restock with Arko or GZD berber?

Thank you, Balaji :smile:

To your question: The GZD is a real soft soap, you can knead and shape it easily, but can not use it as a stick to prepare the beard.
The scent is imho at least similar. In the German forum, a friend described it this way: "The Turkish soaps have all these typical hammam fragrance. If you've ever been in a Turkish hammam, you know this scent".
He reminds me of that typical clean soap smell from my childhood, when my grandma washed clothes. But this is very subjective. I'm about the same age as David (Optometrist) and he understands what I mean. The younger people interpret this fragrance as a "household detergent" scent.

It `s at least up to you, if you like this scent or not.The properties of the shaving soap GZD I can`t tell yet, because at the moment I'm testing the new Derby stick. But you can ask David or Søren in a couple of days, the GZD soap is on the way to this gentlemen :smile:

The master of reflections in action once again
Your photos makes me want to experiment and practice some more with reflections

Hi Søren :smile:, well, this setup is placed on a old service plate of my mother in law :laugh:, you can have it for your experiments if you want :winkiss:

Does the Alt-Innsbruck ASB not have a long living scent to it? I see you have used an EdT afterwards, so I am guessing not. Great pic as always, my friend!

Thanks again, David! :smile: The smell of the Old Innsbruck is very subtle and corresponds imho to the Davidoff.

Good Morning to All!
~05/07/2012~

Semogue 830 \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Proraso Red Sandalo \\ La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

I'm really loving the Merkur Progress. I've really learned how to use just the weight of the razor. The feedback on this razor sings for me b/c if you force it, your skin will scream razor burn! The only con that I have is that it's not prolly aligned with the numbers. I need to figure/read out how to fix that. Also in this pic is my new scuttle which is awesome! It is a lot smaller than my DB 1.5x which I sold off, but I know now that I'm not making to much lather and wasting it. Also It retains even heat for the whole shave. I call it the "Schwarz Moss" Shaving Scuttle! Have a great day Gents!

proxy.php

Congratulations on the new scuttle, Balaji!:thumbup1: How are you finding the new Proraso? I love it!! And of course, all this beautifully pictured!:001_smile

Not my choice of bedtime reading, Bill, but I hope your time in Hawaii is a successful one. An unusual and unique SOTD pic, superbly taken.:thumbup1:

David, not my choice of bedtime reading either, but it was symbolic for my hearing today, so I decided it would make a good backdrop. Your own SOTD today was simply outstanding!

David, not my choice of bedtime reading either, but it was symbolic for my hearing today, so I decided it would make a good backdrop. Your own SOTD today was simply outstanding!

Thank you, Bill.:001_smile The AdP is (probably) my favourite scent of all. Is military law your speciality, Bill?

Congratulations on the new scuttle, Balaji!:thumbup1: How are you finding the new Proraso? I love it!! And of course, all this beautifully pictured!:001_smile

Thank you very much David! I love it b/c its everyone in a metal tube. From the scent to the properties provided during and after the shave!

As Bill mentioned from before, this is simply Outstanding! It looks very grand, by the way how is the Joris JF Soap? Can you describe its scent if don't mind me asking?

13/16 Toyo "Special Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Edwin Jagger Medium Silver Tip
Floris JF Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Italian Floid Blue
Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta

proxy.php

As Bill mentioned from before, this is simply Outstanding! It looks very grand, by the way how is the Joris JF Soap? Can you describe its scent if don't mind me asking?

Thanks, Balaji:001_smile I simply adore the Floris range, initially the No.89, but now the JF has taken over the first place for scent. I have a very keen liking for citrus and this is where the JF excels. the description from Floris is this:
"JF begins with an invigorating burst of bergamot, lemon, lime and mandarin in combination with an intensely aromatic blend with armoise, coriander and clary sage. Juniper berry, cypress and petitgrain at the heart give the fragrance its unmistakeable masculine character which is underscored by amber, cedarwood and a mossy, musky base!.

I never had the opportunity to experience Floris when they were tallow but after several reformulations, I believe they have their veggie soaps spot on.

Thank you, Bill.:001_smile The AdP is (probably) my favourite scent of all. Is military law your speciality, Bill?

It's not really my speciality, David, but I'm in Hawaii for this hearing in my capacity in the Army Reserves where I am a military defense counsel.

5/7/2011

Pre : Aleppo Soap + Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
Bowl : Robert Becker Scuttle
Brush : Hirschpinsel "Muhle" Boar
Safety Razor : Probak Razor
Blade : Rapira Super Stainless #2
Soap : Biotique Bio Palmyra Shave Cream Plus Lavender oil

proxy.php

Your arrangement is quite exceptional here, and a brilliant pic to capture it all!:thumbup1:

Matt, two words....."Shaving Heaven". I love the King Louis Lavender, although I do find it leaves my skin just a little dry afterwards, compared to the tallow variety.

Thanks, David. Seems like I'm liking the KL more each time I use it. Looking forward to the new line.

A beautiful arrangement you have here, Soren. :thumbup1:You and the Williams obviously get on, unlike many others.

Oh yeah, i really like the Williams.
And although I prefer the dry brush method for lathering up, this soap is definitely made for the wet brush approach, and then I get to practice on that and keep the skills up to date when using it.
It spices up the daily routine with one of my favourite things; variety :biggrin1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom