What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been out this evening for a work colleague's retirement, so no time at this time of night to make individual comments. Out most of tomorrow as well. Great array of shaves and shots today, gentlemen.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Sunday morning:

Simpson / WoolFern / Merkur / Speick / Wild Fern

proxy.php

Lovely pic, David.:thumbup1: I'm guessing the soap mix is performing to perfection?

Sunday

Music
Passion for Pavarotti (CD 2)

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Vintage Victoria with TGN Silvertip
7/8" Korff & Honsberg - "Dos Angelitos"

Software
Edwin Jagger Premium Shaving Cream, Sandalwood
T&H Sandalwood Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon's Esprit Du Roi EdT

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Agreat mix of colours, Soren. Very nicely done, my friend:thumbup1:

Lovely pic, David.:thumbup1: I'm guessing the soap mix is performing to perfection?

Thanks, as always, for your kind words David. Let's say that the performance of this soap mix falls somewhere between the performance of Penhaligon's EF and MWF. :thumbup1: It is very usable and the scent is still great.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The level quality of the photos posted in the SOTD forum is simply amazing! :w00t: And I wholeheartedly love your pics, all of them! :001_tt1: Very well done, Gentlemen! :thumbup:

Thanks, as always, for your kind words David. Let's say that the performance of this soap mix falls somewhere between the performance of Penhaligon's EF and MWF. :thumbup1: It is very usable and the scent is still great.

Just wish those renowned names would leave well alone with their great products. So unnecessary.

I got several PMs in the last two months by B&B members asking me to run a US themed week. I didn't forget. I intentionally wanted to run it during this week, in order to honour the victims of September 11th 2001. And I'm sure my American mates will show all their pride for their great country. My heart will certainly be with them, also because there is something of American in me, too. I've never mentioned this before here on B&B, but when I was a little boy I really lived in the United States for four years. My father was an MP (Italian Military Police Officer) in the Italian Embassy in Washington D.C. and my family lived in Maryland. I still have a photo of us on the top of the Twin Towers, beside my bed. The best way to remember will be to show all our love for the USA with the finest American made shaving stuff. Unfortunately, at the moment I do not have any, but will surely enjoy yours.

proxy.php

Another absolutely stunning shot to start a new week, my friend:thumbup1:

Gentlemen: forgive me, but I have decided to delete the photos when quoting/commenting. This is strictly to keep things a bit tidy for folks to read and follow.

PS (Henry/Marco): Do we have a September Tabula Gratulatoria or should we keep posting in the August one?

I got several PMs in the last two months by B&B members asking me to run a US themed week. I didn't forget. I intentionally wanted to run it during this week, in order to honour the victims of September 11th 2001. And I'm sure my American mates will show all their pride for their great country. My heart will certainly be with them, also because there is something of American in me, too. I've never mentioned this before here on B&B, but when I was a little boy I really lived in the United States for four years. My father was an MP (Italian Military Police Officer) in the Italian Embassy in Washington D.C. and my family lived in Maryland. I still have a photo of us on the top of the Twin Towers, beside my bed. The best way to remember will be to show all our love for the USA with the finest American made shaving stuff. Unfortunately, at the moment I do not have any, but will surely enjoy yours.

Way to go Marco :thumbup1:...What a nice thought and a thoughtful and appropriate theme for this week. My hat's off to you, your stewardship and your SOTD. Well done my friend :thumbup:

9/16 Vintage Tuckmar Welt Ruf, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Simpson Duke 3 Best
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Soap
Alum Block
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

David,
That Tuckmar is a beauty my friend :thumbup:. Enjoy her in good health and may she continue to give you many many years of fabulous shaves like today's (I assume it was great, right :tongue_sm?)

Monday, 5.Sept.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
T&H Large Silvertip (Rooney 1/3)
KMF Lavender & Shea
Edwin Jagger DE86
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Floïd Blue ASL

Wowwww Emanuel,
Check out that bloom on that T&H brush :w00t:. Spectacular photo and shave :thumbup:

Gillette SS Blue Tip
with Gillette Blue
Bock 21er Silvertip
Wilkinson SC
Ralph Lauren Polo Sport AS

Have a nice Day! :001_smile

Erwin,
Well done buddy. Love every aspect of your SOTD today :thumbup:

:

David,
That Tuckmar is a beauty my friend :thumbup:. Enjoy her in good health and may she continue to give you many many years of fabulous shaves like today's (I assume it was great, right :tongue_sm?)

Robert, second shave with the Tuckmar this morning and it was excellent. The blade is smaller than my others, and the razor is extremely light in comparison. First shave, I was having reservations about the size and weight, but this morning's shave was exceptional.

Robert, second shave with the Tuckmar this morning and it was excellent. The blade is smaller than my others, and the razor is extremely light in comparison. First shave, I was having reservations about the size and weight, but this morning's shave was exceptional.

David,
Sorry to have missed her maiden voyage SOTD, but glad to hear that she delivered nothing less than a perfect shave :thumbup1:

Canica Superbadger 26mm l Progress l Iridium l Acca Kappa l Myrsol Antesol

What a winning setup :thumbup:

Crema Vitos Professionale // Shavemac D01 2 Bands // Aristocrat 21 // Thayers // Locion La Toja Manantiales

Luis,
You've done it again my friend. Fantastic gear and shave :thumbup:

Monday

Ikea Bowl
Semogue Caravela
Fat Handled Gillette Tech (USA) with Red Personna

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

Søren,
How do you like the EJ Sandalwood? Great gear btw :thumbup:

QUOTE=shm;3424152]
Monday

Ikea Bowl
Semogue Caravela

proxy.php

[/QUOTE]

Another cream bites the dust by the looks of it, Soren! Nice pic:thumbup1:

A LABOR DAY SHAVE

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Saville Row 3326 Silvertip Badger
Maxtom: 15/16" Max Sprecher, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point (w/ Makume Gane scales)
Strop: 20/45/45 (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial Horsehide leather / Imperial Cordovan leather)
Überlather: Martin de Candre Shave Soap
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Lavender, no alcohol)
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Amber AS
Moisturizer: Martin de Candre Oil of Copra
Cologne: Martin de Candre "Lavende" EdT
Results: What an incredible shave. Four plus days of uncontrolled growth wiped away with pretty much one of a handful of razors that could live up to the challenge, i.e., the Maxtom. The Martin de Candre needs no introduction to this audience. It provided a luxuriously rich lather, resulting in the "perfect" prep. The end result left me feeling like a million bucks
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a WONDERFUL Monday gentlemen
proxy.php
. For those of us in the USA who are celebrating Labor Day Holiday, may you have a SAFE & RELAXING day.

Monday

Ikea Bowl
Semogue Caravela

proxy.php

Crema Vitos Professionale // Shavemac D01 2 Bands // Aristocrat 21 // Thayers // Locion La Toja Manantiales

proxy.php

Canica Superbadger 26mm l Progress l Iridium l Acca Kappa l Myrsol Antesol

proxy.php

Gillette SS Blue Tip
with Gillette Blue
Bock 21er Silvertip
Wilkinson SC
Ralph Lauren Polo Sport AS

Have a nice Day! :001_smile

proxy.php

Monday, 5.Sept.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
T&H Large Silvertip (Rooney 1/3)
KMF Lavender & Shea
Edwin Jagger DE86
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Floïd Blue ASL

proxy.php

9/16 Vintage Tuckmar Welt Ruf, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Simpson Duke 3 Best
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Soap
Alum Block
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great shots Gents and thank for posting..... I am on my 3rd and last week of my vacation so no shot from me but I have been enjoying yours....

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom