What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LABOR DAY SHAVE

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Saville Row 3326 Silvertip Badger
Maxtom: 15/16" Max Sprecher, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point (w/ Makume Gane scales)
Strop: 20/45/45 (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial Horsehide leather / Imperial Cordovan leather)
Überlather: Martin de Candre Shave Soap
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Lavender, no alcohol)
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Amber AS
Moisturizer: Martin de Candre Oil of Copra
Cologne: Martin de Candre "Lavende" EdT
Results: What an incredible shave. Four plus days of uncontrolled growth wiped away with pretty much one of a handful of razors that could live up to the challenge, i.e., the Maxtom. The Martin de Candre needs no introduction to this audience. It provided a luxuriously rich lather, resulting in the "perfect" prep. The end result left me feeling like a million bucks
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a WONDERFUL Monday gentlemen
proxy.php
. For those of us in the USA who are celebrating Labor Day Holiday, may you have a SAFE & RELAXING day.

A glorious shave, Robert, and a great photo:thumbup1: Have a good day's holiday:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
PS (Henry/Marco): Do we have a September Tabula Gratulatoria or should we keep posting in the August one?

Way to go Marco :thumbup1:...What a nice thought and a thoughtful and appropriate theme for this week. My hat's off to you, your stewardship and your SOTD. Well done my friend :thumbup:

Robert, my dear friend, thank you wholeheartedly for your kind words, truly appreciated. :001_smile

P.S. Just sent a PM to our Mod Henry regarding the Tabula Gratulatoria of September. In the meantime, we can continue using the Tabula Gratulatoria of August.

Last edited:
Another cream bites the dust by the looks of it, Soren! Nice pic:thumbup1:

Yes, it was the last of the EJ.
I have kind of made a promise to myself to (try to) finish off some of my less used creams and soaps.
It's just - now that it is gone, I found out I quite liked it and may have to restock :blush:

Søren,
How do you like the EJ Sandalwood? Great gear btw :thumbup:

I like it.
It has a very nice scent, very close to the T&H Sandalwood cream.
It gives a good protection of the skin and a good glide of the blade, no matter if it is a DE or a straight.
The problem is, now I also would like to try the two other EJ scents as well :001_rolle

Great shots Gents and thank for posting..... I am on my 3rd and last week of my vacation so no shot from me but I have been enjoying yours....

Thank you Zee :001_smile...Looks like you're having more fun that we are :tongue_sm. Enjoy it my friend and make the last week count.

A glorious shave, Robert, and a great photo:thumbup1: Have a good day's holiday:thumbup1:

Thank you David

Robert, my dear friend, thank you wholeheartedly for your kind words, truly appreciated. :001_smile

P.S. Just sent a PM to our Mod Henry regarding the Tabula Gratulatoria of September. In the meantime, we can continue using the Tabula Gratulatoria of August.

Thank you maestro :001_smile

I like it.
It has a very nice scent, very close to the T&H Sandalwood cream.
It gives a good protection of the skin and a good glide of the blade, no matter if it is a DE or a straight.
The problem is, now I also would like to try the two other EJ scents as well :001_rolle

Søren,
That's a problem with everything :wink2:. I think it's a good problem though :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom