SOTD - January 4, 2010 through January 10, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valet Autostrop w/ Feather blade
B&B Essential brush
Thayers WH
Body Shop Maca Root Cream & Razor Relief

proxy.php

A friend supplied a blade for this old razor, so I had to try it. BBS Shave, no irritation. No I just need to find or make a strop for it, and find a few more spare blades... :)

I always enjoy seeing Auto Strops in SOTDs. I've posted a handful, but rarely see them reciprocated. I am considering selling one or two of my two, but will probably keep the one to shave with when curiosity bites.

Dirty Bird Original Shaving Scuttle
Penhaligon Endymion Shaving Cream
Penhaligon Endymion After Shave Balm
ERN 5/8 No. 32 Wald-Solingen
B&B LE 06 Finest Silver Tip

• Schick E3 with a Ted Pella PTFE Stainless
  • Savile Row 3118
  • QED Special 218 Shaving
  • DaVinci Water
  • Vervene EdT
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive photo, Neil. As usual :thumbup1:

Thank you, Vasco! :001_smile

great shaves today & great pics, too - it's very cool to see new members here (and new entries by longer-term members)...
a few words about your enabling:
I own a lot of stuff. Many razors, many brushes, and a growing collection of soaps & creams and after-shaves & colognes/EDTs.
This is all your doing, my friends!
I read about your shaves here, or I see pics of your shaves - and I want to try the stuff you use!
So - my shave den is almost full.
My bank account is almost empty.
My SO is wondering about the amount of time and money I am spending on B&B and dbay and with various vendors,
My postman and UPS guy are angry with me for having to drive all the way up here to drop off the numerous packages I receive almost daily.
This is all your doing, my friends!
Thank you all.
Please, keep posting....

Moan, moan, moan. All you do is complain . . . .

[. . . . and buy sweet shaving supplies! :thumbup:]

Dirty Bird Original Shaving Scuttle
Penhaligon Endymion Shaving Cream
Penhaligon Endymion After Shave Balm
ERN 5/8 No. 32 Wald-Solingen
B&B LE 06 Finest Silver Tip

That's a fine looking shave, Harry. Endymion is one of my absolute favorites!!

No shave today, just shower and a little cologne. Although it seemed a counterintuitive choice, Acqua di Parma proved to be an excellent remedy for the cold weather!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Shower:

- Nivea Sensitive Bodywash :thumbup1:
- Axe Just Clean shampoo (super stuff)

Shave:

- Nivea shave Cream
- Aqua Velva Ice Balm :001_cool:
- EDT: Mont St-Michel Fraicheur Intense :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I'm gonna buy a few bottles of Aqua Velva Green, not to use it as an A/S, because it's not for my skin, but to use it as an EDT

R

rum

No shave today, just shower and a little cologne. Although it seemed a counterintuitive choice, Acqua di Parma proved to be an excellent remedy for the cold weather!

proxy.php

No way! Just what the doctor ordered :001_smile
I got a full 100ml bottle for Christmas!! :tongue_sm

That's a fine looking shave, Harry. Endymion is one of my absolute favorites!!

Thanks, Neil. It's quickly moving up my list of favorites. I picked up the Endymion Collection at Pen's winter sale, best $55 I ever spent. Forgot to add that I showered with their bath & shower gel afterwards. SWMBO really likes it, too.

Hot Shower
Proraso Pre/Post
Pre De Provence Soap
Kent BK4
Friodur 8/8 (WTG, XTG on cheeks and chin)
40's Fat-handled Tech w/ Thai Gillette Super Thin (XTG and clean-up)
Speick Splash

DFS. Slowly adding the XTG strokes over the face with the straight is yielding good fruit. Overall, I have a routine I can use on the weekday that is letting me work my technique without having the hair shirt of a bad shave to suffer through. I should be able to keep adding zones over the next few weeks and be on pure straight in a few months.

Great photos today, gentlemen. This SOTD thread is becoming my chief enabler . . . as if I needed more enabling. :blushing:

Rooney 1/2 Finest / EJ Chatsworth Barley DE / Gillette Swede
SCS Bulgarian Rose Soap / TSD Sensitive Splash / Diptyque Tam Dao​
full

Brush...incredible.

Gillette Bar-handled NEW / Shark Stainless (Day 3) / Ever Ready w/ GN 22mm finest / Cella SS / Thayer's /Aqua Velva Ice Blue As / AV Ice Balm / C&E Sienna EDT

Barry

Edwin Jagger Best Badger XL : Edwin Jagger DE87+7 O'clock : Proraso Pre : Monsavon : Royall Bay Rhum
proxy.php

Very comfortable shave, a good day to play with the children in the snow, here, in the North of Spain

Great photos today, gentlemen. This SOTD thread is becoming my chief enabler . . . as if I needed more enabling. :blushing:

Rooney 1/2 Finest / EJ Chatsworth Barley DE / Gillette Swede
SCS Bulgarian Rose Soap / TSD Sensitive Splash / Diptyque Tam Dao​
full

Antesol Myrsol
MWF
Merkur HD/Red Personna
Simpsons Duke 3
Antesol Myrsol

proxy.php

Great shot's Fella's!!!

• Rooney Pure "Special"
  • Monsaven Shave Soap
  • La Bohlerstahl 5/8
  • SCS Rose A/S
  • YSL - Rive Gauche pour Femme

Great shave today hacking off a two day beard. There was a thread a month or so ago mentioning the Bohlerstahl brand, and it is a wonderful razor. hollow ground but very stiff and smooth. it takes a phenomenal edge.

Today was also the first day with the womans Rive Gauche. It has quite a few Aldehydes especially in the opening, but the rose that comes through makes it bearable, the little lady loves it. and she and i both agree with what a BN review said about it being as versatile as a little black dress you can wear anywhere. Versatile is also the word for Rive Gauche for men, which is just utterly fantastic. It makes me feel like the right kind of hip.

Sunday afternoon:

Plisson 16
Penhaligon's English Fern soap
Futur with Super Iridium blade
Booster Mosswood AS; TSD Lavender Milk
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge Cologne

Em's Place pre-shave oil
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Merkur Progress w/Crystal Blade
Alum
Witch Hazel
Burt's Bee's After Shave Balm
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EdT

Blenheim Bouquet is from a 5 ml mini I picked up in a set from Penhaligon's winter sale. Today was the first day I'd tried it and I was blown away - amazing juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom