What's new

💵 💴 💰 SOTD - “Free Week (free stuff!) Week” July 10th to July 16th, 2023 💵 💴 💰

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0FE41C1B-ECF6-4301-B034-2600CF3A6F2F.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Shark Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B Essential Boar 10th Anniv. Edition
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL TI++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fourth and final shave with the Henson/Med Prep combo. Another smooth, close shave. However, the blade is showing someThe brush of the day is a boar: the B&B Essential Boar: 10th Anniv. Edition. This brush does an excellent job of making lather. This is the 164th consecutive day using MdC soap. The soap is showing wear in the center. Have a great day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 16th 2023

Razor : Schick i2 with the hydro-magic feature- Mfg 1954-57, mild to tame mid range, excellent design for quick cleaning of blade + finish is adequate for my shaving needs. Very nice razor to work the face and received a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (11) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. I usually toss after 10 shaves but the blade was showing good life left so why not give another 1 or 2 shaves I was thinking.
Soap : Razorock Emperor- sharp parallel scent that's unique with excellent lather qualities. I enjoy the aftershave scent slightly more.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. One of my favorite synthetics for performance and in the hand feels natural.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.2.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper operator error =:a17: excellent shave with my Schick i2 with a Personna injector blade.
SOTD July 16 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

1939-RFB-G_2023-07-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: 1939 Gillette RFB GT
Blade: Willy's (7)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

A superb shave. :biggrin:

After much reflection, I've cut my Yaqi Harlequin trial short. I suspect that the Harlequin bends the blade much more than the Gillette Goodwill that it's copying. Due to this I needed to keep the handle touching my skin throughout the shave (to keep to my preferred very steep shaving angle). It's a good razor and I was getting great shaves with it, but being constricted to the handle continuously touching my skin throughout the shave was a bit of a pain. So the Harlequin (and its matching handle) is now in the PIF box.*

* If any UK member would like my Yaqi Harlequin razor (used five times), PM me.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

20230715_093134.jpg

Razor: G.E. Jones Shake Sharp Mk. II
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Monday, July 17, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Barrister & Mann: Rhapsody, shaving soap & balm aftershave. Zenith Manchurian Brush, Italy M22: Manchurian Brush. 27.5x51mm. 2-Band Badger, Tall Multicolored handle. Filarmónica 14 Doble temple, custom acrilic candy stripe scales made by Pablo Fuertes. Myrsol: F/Extra, Emulsion aftershave & Blue EdT.

IMG_4795.jpeg

Last edited:
50C28627-9F1B-4801-AFDE-A4AC00D87D08.jpeg

Switched back to a blade recently. Best cartridge ever made, the Atra without lubrication strip. This cartridge is a USA Gillette Boston production, late 1970's. Two pass shave with one pass effort. Wicked sharp. Doesn't clog.

Floris No. 89 cream and aftershave.

Excellent shave.

IMG_5753.jpeg

Razor: Wade & Butcher 5/8

Lather: Hendrix Classics & Company Sci-Fi Cowboy (unscented) w/ Renegade (Wanted by Azzaro) fragrance oil
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Hendrix Classics & Company Gunslinger
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Continuing my exploration of scent-your-own I opted to go with the Renegade fragrance oil today. This fragrance is an "extra premium" option and is based on Wanted by Azzaro. It's also one that I really like!

I've long been a frag head, long before I got into wet shaving, and have what I consider to be a decent fragrance collection. Cologne-inspired shaving gear always gets my attention and rarely disappoints me. This includes the frag oil I used today. HC&C has several "extra premium" frag oil options that are well worth your attention and money, Renegade being one of them. It's woody, warm, and very manly.

Weekends are for straight razor shaving so my W&B it is. It's got a nice edge and gives good shaves so I was looking forward to using it today.

After shaving I splashed on some always enjoyable Gunslinger aftershave. This is another gear fragrance offered by HC&C.

This makes two down and two to go for my scent-your-own journey.

That's all for today. Enjoy your shaves everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom