What's new

Soaps like Cella red?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
TFS shaving cream classic almond scent

It's not Cella, but it is very, very much like Cella. Even the packaging is similar. But it is "exclusively vegetable based", so on tallow from animals. The result is still remarkably similar and I wouldn't prefer one over the other, even the almond scent is similar.

@Shaun asleep I think you asked and I think I wanted to tell you already a while ago, buuut... well, yeah, here it is: It's like Cella. :)

I think you asked
I think I told you. 😅
I did so because you are a Cella addict and I tried both and found them very similar.

I was once bold enough to suggest they were identical, but the Italians threatened with an arial Eurofighter & Mangusta strike. I chose to back down and enjoy my pineapple pizza....err I mean TFS almond.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I was once bold enough to suggest they were identical, but the Italians threatened with an arial Eurofighter & Mangusta strike. I chose to back down and enjoy my pineapple pizza....err I mean TFS almond.
You are a funny man, for sure you enjoy walking the grounds of the river Po with concrete boots! 🇮🇹

There seems to be a difference in the formula, it's indeed vegan. There is also a vegan Cella, the "green" one, but TFS managed to make a very much like Cella soap without tallow from swine or cattle or similar animal fat.

So, they are not the same. You won't have to take that river tour today, but watch out! :kyle1:

@Proper Irish
cella.jpg

It has a completely different make up, but a stronger scent than Cella. CC has both a cream and soap available. My wife loves the scent of the balm.

If you have a Dollar Tree near you then stop in a grab a bar of the Yardley Oatmeal and Almond bath soap. It smells like a muted Cella.

How is the D.R. Harris Almond?
I'm a Cella Fella. I love the smell and for the price it performs well when hydrated properly.

I want to know how you like this, please.
Hey Dan, just shaved with it for the first time yesterday.
Performance wise, it was amazing.
But aside from MDC, this was my first time shaving with an “artisan” soap so I can’t say how it compares with other soaps.

Smell wise, it’s a big bold scent that while similar to Cella, it has a pretty prominent gourmand aspect. Maybe more towards a cherry pie, cherry fritter or cherry filled pastry?
The website mentions biscotti but I’ve never eaten (or smelled) one of those.

Compared to the Moon Amaretto, Cella comes across as a lighter, brighter and fresher cherry smell. As in, Cella is cherries and the Moon is more like a cherry jam or syrup.

In short, I’d say it’s Cella red turned up to 11 but with a notable gourmand/desert side.

Hope this helps paint a picture

Hey Dan, just shaved with it for the first time yesterday.
Performance wise, it was amazing.
But aside from MDC, this was my first time shaving with an “artisan” soap so I can’t say how it compares with other soaps.

Smell wise, it’s a big bold scent that while similar to Cella, it has a pretty prominent gourmand aspect. Maybe more towards a cherry pie, cherry fritter or cherry filled pastry?
The website mentions biscotti but I’ve never eaten (or smelled) one of those.

Compared to the Moon Amaretto, Cella comes across as a lighter, brighter and fresher cherry smell. As in, Cella is cherries and the Moon is more like a cherry jam or syrup.

In short, I’d say it’s Cella red turned up to 11 but with a notable gourmand/desert side.

Hope this helps paint a picture
Thanks. I am so tempted by this soap. So many other soaps (European and UK) are no longer tallow soaps or creams. In fact, I think Cella may be the one lone holdout.

Palmira (Serbia) and Vito’s red (Italy) are both still tallow based and they are both excellent soaps. They’re both European as well
Thanks. I didn't know about Palmira. I thought I had read Vitos went vegan. It must have been another cream.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
The last kilo of Vitos red I got a few months ago lists tallow as an ingredient. I know there was a recent post on this thread saying that the Vitos green is vegan though
Original Shaving Company is still selling Vitos with tallow on eBay for $38/kilo.

Top Bottom