What's new

Show me your razor blade bank!

Here's a question for those who have nice one of a kind blade banks. What do you do with the blades once the bank is filled up? How do you transfer them to another container and what kind of container do you transfer them to if you don't throw the whole thing away? That Post Office Money Bank is gorgeous and can't see it or many of these blade banks in a land fill.

In the version I have, the top screws off on my PO money box much like a jar. Its about 6 inches tall and I've yet to empty it - been using it for about 1.5 years, I change (or -ahem- deposit) a blade weekly. It's become quite weighty as it is (well it is brass). There are various versions available on Ebay UK. Including some needing a key.

I have to admit, I've not thought of the logistics in getting rid of the blades once filled, but I'd only be emptying the contents (probably for scrap metal?) and retaining the bank. Interesting to see what others suggests.

Last edited:
In the version I have, the top screws off on my PO money box much like a jar. Its about 6 inches tall and I've yet to empty it - been using it for about 1.5 years, I change (or -ahem- deposit) a blade weekly. It's become quite weighty as it is (well it is brass). There are various versions available on Ebay UK. Including some needing a key.

I have to admit, I've not thought of the logistics in getting rid of the blades once filled, but I'd only be emptying the contents (probably for scrap metal?) and retaining the bank. Interesting to see what others suggests.

I think the answer to my own question is to empty the contents of the blade bank into a tin such an empty Harney & Sons tea tin that is pretty large as well, crush it flat and put it in the recyclables.

I think the answer to my own question is to empty the contents of the blade bank into a tin such an empty Harney & Sons tea tin that is pretty large as well, crush it flat and put it in the recyclables.
Empty them into old coffee cans, margarine containers, peanut butter jars, etc.
It works good for those of us who don't have recycling available.

Here's my new blade bank I just scored that is in the mail. Can't wait to get it.

proxy.php

An old bandage tin.
$image.jpg
I think I might empty it into a sharps container at work when it gets full. So I can use the tin again.

Top Bottom