What's new

Show me your razor blade bank!

The corrugation of the can you used may also cause issues with getting the tape to lay in flat and seal, everything does look really good in the images.

Not a blade bank, i need to cut slots, but painting demo of sealing the tape to get clean lines... clearcoat used here as the undercolours weren't solid, then painted white for the base coat.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

dave
Cool! What is that?

Thanks for sharing, everyone! For mine, I stabbed a hole in an old mint tin and taped it shut. Rather than being dropped in, blades slide in (like with a Feather container, for instance) and will not slide out if the blade bank is dropped. I can stack things on top, so it doesn't take up extra space in the medicine cabinet.
View attachment 667133

Chicken broth can. Hole punched in top. Drained and rinsed. Then rinsed with isopropyl alcohol. Found Douglas Smyth's label. No need to hide this baby.

proxy.php

Right now I am just using the box my blades comes in. Fill it up and toss it into the recycling bin. Then I saw this thread. Realized I had an Altoids Smalls tin. perfect size, don't need to do anything to it. It work until I come up with something larger. Not that tossing blades about 10 at a time is a big deal the way I have been doing it.

I repurposed an empty tea container for a blade bank - cut a sized slot, glued the lid in place, done.

$tea.jpg

I bought one of those plastic feather blade banks. Only 2 bucks and you can pop the top of with a screw driver to empty (safely) and reuse.

You guys have given me some good ideas to make my own but I'll be keeping my eyes open for a vintage bank at my local antique stores.

Here's a question for those who have nice one of a kind blade banks. What do you do with the blades once the bank is filled up? How do you transfer them to another container and what kind of container do you transfer them to if you don't throw the whole thing away? That Post Office Money Bank is gorgeous and can't see it or many of these blade banks in a land fill.

Top Bottom