What's new

Show me your razor blade bank!

I just got mine. Love the look.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 273
$BladeBank001.JPG$BladeBank002.JPG

I took a King's Men talc tin can an made a slit in the top for blades. It will likely last me the rest of my life ... or nearly.

I use an old can. I just poked 2 holes in the bottom to let the contents (chicken broth I think) drain and cut a small slit in the top. I had intentions of painting it or something but that hasn't happened in the last year. Maybe in 10 years once this is full I do something creative with the next one. I just appreciate that there is no way anyone could get cut my my used blades. It's seems very safe.

my feather blade dispenser has a slot on the bottom to put in the used blade, pretty easy and i throw it away when full.
however, being somewhat new to this "shaving hobby", am i missing something here?

my feather blade dispenser has a slot on the bottom to put in the used blade, pretty easy and i throw it away when full.
however, being somewhat new to this "shaving hobby", am i missing something here?
$Blade-Bank_Feather.jpg

Unlike the Feathers and a few others, most blades come in cardboard packs.
So, for the many here that use incredible numbers and varieties of blades... a LARGE blade bank is a must. :wink2:

[MENTION=110283]bobskins[/MENTION]

Witness [MENTION=108578]Twitch[/MENTION]'s current collection:
View attachment 659212
All of which have only cardboard or paper packaging (barring the 5 Feather and 1 Other pack). :w00t:

View attachment 659120

Unlike the Feathers and a few others, most blades come in cardboard packs.
So, for the many here that use incredible numbers and varieties of blades... a LARGE blade bank is a must. :wink2:

I agree with this and [MENTION=110283]bobskins[/MENTION] if feathers are the only blade you want to use then go ahead and use the provided blade bank.

$image.jpgPurchased this blade bank when I bought my razor. Will do the trick for now. I have picked up some great ideas from this thread for my next bank however.

I made this for my son using the cheap can of chicken broth. I'm putting together a shave kit for his birthday. It seems almost no one ever mentions including a blade bank with a starter kit. The painters tape I used did ok, but it didn't turn out as perfect as I had hoped would.
proxy.php

Looks really good!

If you're having problems with the second colour bleeding under the tape, after you tape, repaint with the original colour and that should fill the bleed gaps so the new second colour doesn't bleed under the tape. Or you could use a clear coat as the intermediate stage to fill the bleed gaps.

dave

Looks really good!

If you're having problems with the second colour bleeding under the tape, after you tape, repaint with the original colour and that should fill the bleed gaps so the new second colour doesn't bleed under the tape. Or you could use a clear coat as the intermediate stage to fill the bleed gaps.

dave
That totally makes sense! Thanks!

The corrugation of the can you used may also cause issues with getting the tape to lay in flat and seal, everything does look really good in the images.

Not a blade bank, i need to cut slots, but painting demo of sealing the tape to get clean lines... clearcoat used here as the undercolours weren't solid, then painted white for the base coat.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

dave

Top Bottom