What's new

Shark Blades

I have Shark Blades. I really enjoy them. They are super sharp. I did find in the beginning as I was shaving every single day it was too much for my skin. I am newer to wetshaving so I backed off a bit and now they seem to be working really well.

I have tried several blades and they all work the same for me. First pass WTG they reduce the beard. Second pass AGT they get me mostly smooth in easy-to-shave places. Then lots of AGT and XTG passes and buffs under chin and jawline to get the the stubborn stubble. With any blade, longevity is good enough for even results across the three to six shaves per blade. The story is the same with, at least, these following blades:
Derby
Merkur
Personna
Feather
Astra Green
7 O'Clock
PolSilver
Shark
While not getting noticeably better results from any one of them, I have been fortunate to avoid irritation issues.
Since Shark works as well as any other blade, what tips the scale is the packaging. Neat retro logo. It adds to the décor of the den. for the $0.10 price point it is just as well Shark as any other.

I have tried several blades and they all work the same for me. First pass WTG they reduce the beard. Second pass AGT they get me mostly smooth in easy-to-shave places. Then lots of AGT and XTG passes and buffs under chin and jawline to get the the stubborn stubble. With any blade, longevity is good enough for even results across the three to six shaves per blade. The story is the same with, at least, these following blades:
Derby
Merkur
Personna
Feather
Astra Green
7 O'Clock
PolSilver
Shark
While not getting noticeably better results from any one of them, I have been fortunate to avoid irritation issues.
Since Shark works as well as any other blade, what tips the scale is the packaging. Neat retro logo. It adds to the décor of the den. for the $0.10 price point it is just as well Shark as any other.
+1

Where do you guys get your Shark blades supply from? Any recommendations?
Search Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Google. Among them you will find the $10.00 price point for 100. Outlets like WCS sell for $15.00 or more. If you would rather try them first, WCS has 5 for $1.75. You can also try Tryablade. Like traditional shaving in general, the sources are many and varied, but usually not close to home.

I had my first shave with a shark today (yellow box), and it was awful. Not that close and red razor rash. I used my Slim set on 6 with MWF. I wish I'd read how sharp they were on here first as I know my skin is easily troubled by sharper blades (e.g. Feather). Lesson learnt!

Shark blades are inexpensive, relatively sharp, and have decent longevity. (That's with a 3-minute, hot water prep. Your results may vary with a less careful prep.) Personally, I prefer them to Astra Platinums.

My favorite blades,I shave mostly with canned shaving foam (not too much time on my hands and I have to shave every morning for work) and these work amazingly well with my trusty 50s Gillette fatboy or my Mercur 34c (better than my other two favorites Personna & Feather)

What I like about them is that since I do a very fast 4 pass shave (it takes me around 5-6 minutes) they are very forgiving and last a long time (I can easily get 7 shaves out of them and I have a tough mediteranean type beard)

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Using Sharks this week this week for the first time. What I notice is I got five shaves out of the first one and it was still sharp!

Changed it this morning for another and got an amazing close shave. They really do work well. Where it ranks with all the others I'm not sure but it's up there.

AA

I love Shark blades too and don't find any difference between the SS and SC - they always give me a really amazing close, irritation free shave, unlike some others I've used. Derby's are always a blood letting exercise for me.
Thy're easily the best blade in my Superspeeds, Tech's and NEW - in fact in the NEW I get a virtually BBS with 2 passes using a Shark, I can't expect any more than that.

I just used a shark this morning. Mainly I use Feathers and Astors. I think I like the Sharks more than the Feathers, one of my best and easiest shaves yet.

I received five Egyptian-made Shark Super Stainless blades with my Parker. I like 'em and can get 4-5 good shaves out of one.

I like Shark Stainless, they're smooth and very forgiving, but at the same time they're also quite sharp, also quite reasonably priced on eBay from Turkish sellers, so always in my rotation
I haven't tried Shark Chrome, but they're not very common in Europe, and cost more than they're worth, besides the Stainless blades are keepers, so why try to fix something that isn't broken!!

I've used a Shark Chrome from a sampler pack for my last two shaves and found it rough and uncomfortable to shave with. Somehow it has given be an extremely close shave both times, not quite BBS but still nice. I'm use to feathers and astras

Top Bottom