What's new

Shark Blades

I have been shaving with Merkurs for about a month now and moved over to Sharks this morning. Wow. It's a pretty noticeable difference.

Thanks for your input everyone! I recently switched from Derbys to Sharks and I'm very satisfied with them.:thumbup:

proxy.php

They aren't really scary at all.....:laugh:

I get a really good shave out of a shark, but for some, unknown reason I always get a little burn on my cheeks when going ATG with a shark.
Doesn't happen with Astra, Bleue Extra, Derby or Rapira. As long as I shave WTG and/or XTG I'm fine. Go figure.

I love the first and second day shave I get from them, but the blade turns into an index card on the third day.

Interesting. I'm testing a shark now, day two completed, 2nd great shave with my Gillette 3 piece Old-type and C.O. Bigelow. I'll have to watch tomorrow and see - one of the reasons I picked some up (cheap@westcoast) was because I'd heard they lasted.

These are my go-to blades for now, but I have to admit that they don't last more than two shaves. It's okay though. They are cheap.

Shark Super Chromes became my go-to blades after trying many others. They always last at least 3 shaves, and most of the time go 4. On several occasions, I've had them still shaving good for 5-6 shaves.

How would people rate them in sharpness when compared to a Derby?
I'm looking for something with a bit more slicing power that isn't as pricey as a feather.

How about Sharks vs Derby and Astra-SP?

Sharpness
1. Shark
2. Astra
3. Derby

Smoothness
1. Astra
2. Shark
3. Derby

The Shark is just a little sharper than the Astra and the Astra is just a little smoother than the Shark.

All 3 of these blades are close in all catagories though.I've ruled out the Derby's but switch between the Sharks and Astras.

IMHO, YMMV

I've shaved a few Shark blades and they are one of my top blades. From what I can tell quality is consistent blade-to-blade. Very sharp, almost as sharp as a Feather. Perhaps slightly more forgiving.

It's my experience as well. I rate them between a feather and red personna. I got mine at westcoastshaving.com.

It's my experience as well. I rate them between a feather and red personna. I got mine at westcoastshaving.com.

I just bought a few boxes as my Christmas gift from fellow B&B'er howard1616 off of eBay. 100 Super Chrome for $16.88~~Free Shipping~~!!! He has a store but has two different prices from his website and his ebay BIN prices.

I loaded a Shark blade into my new Merkur 39c slant, used Santa Maria Novella Pre-shave and cream, did a 3 pass shave, and it was one of the best shaves I have ever had.

Top Bottom