What's new

Shark Blades

This may be a silly question but I can't figure out exactly how to word it (or where to put it). I have long scars across and down my knees from knee surgery as a kid and teen. Have to be very careful to shave these areas as some bits have little to no feeling. Shark Stainless Steel blades were the ones a woman recommended to me, are they a good choice for legs, or no?

I don't see why they wouldn't work, typically in here it's guys discussing facial hair which tends to be thicker and more wirey than body hair, I don't imagine you would have any issue with a Shark for shaving body hair (that's a strange sentence...)

This may be a silly question but I can't figure out exactly how to word it (or where to put it). I have long scars across and down my knees from knee surgery as a kid and teen. Have to be very careful to shave these areas as some bits have little to no feeling. Shark Stainless Steel blades were the ones a woman recommended to me, are they a good choice for legs, or no?

You could give them a try and find out. I think for leg shaving you would want a blade that is very smooth and sharpness will probably matter less since leg hair is not as course or tough as facial hair but you will be shaving against the grain. Like facial shavers you'll have to do a bit of experimentation to find which works best for your skin and hair.

Last edited:
You could give them a try and find out. I think for leg shaving you would want a blade that is very smooth and sharpness will probably matter less since leg hair is not as course or tough as facial hair but you will be shaving against the grain. Like facial shavers you'll have to do a bit of experimentation to find which works best for your skin and hair.

Thank you very much for that answer. :) I realize that it was at best an odd question and honestly I had no idea where to ask it. I appreciate the thoughtful reply, my newbie pieced together kit arrives tomorrow. Again many thanks.

Thank you very much for that answer. :) I realize that it was at best an odd question and honestly I had no idea where to ask it. I appreciate the thoughtful reply, my newbie pieced together kit arrives tomorrow. Again many thanks.

Enjoy the shaves!

Had my first shave with a Shark Super Chrome this evening. Really great shave - DFS with just a small weeper or two. (Not uncommon for me; I probably use just a little more pressure than I should.) Great performance for such an inexpensive blade. So far I've tried two Lord blades (Lord Super Stainless being the other) and I've been really happy with both of them. :thumbsup:

I just recently test the Shark's and here is my 2¢ worth:
Shark Super Chrome - I would say these blades are a little sharper than the Dreby's but they pulled a lot more also. Shave lasted a little longer with this blade. Pretty much DFS everytime. Had some weepers using this blade.

Shark Super Stainless - These blades pull also but I got a better shave than the Super Chromes overall. However shave lasted a shorter time with this blade. I would say this was a DFS shave. No nicks, weepers, or irritation.

That being said I like the Derby's better overall than the Sharks, but I'm still testing out different blades.

My Ranking of Blade Tested so far:
1. Dorco Platinum ST300
2. Derby Extra
3. Shark Super Super Stainless
4. Shark Super Chrome
5. 7AM Plus Hi Platinum Durablade

Last edited:
After my first shave with the new blades I will never go back to the old ways or products. The Shark Stainless worked perfectly for my legs!

After my first shave with the new blades I will never go back to the old ways or products. The Shark Stainless worked perfectly for my legs!
Glad you liked it! Welcome to the wonderful world of DE shaving!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom