What's new

Scuttles & Mugs

Got it in a Best Offer. Made an offer, they accepted. The shipping was a little more than I normally would pay, but it completes this set.

Long time reader, first time poster.
I have been enjoying this thread on scuttles, and believe I found a great one on a recent business trip. While on a business trip to Finland, I picked up one of the traditional Laplander wooden cups. The Kuska. Made from Finnish birch burl, they are hand carved, and are the perfect thing for whipping up a great lather, being that they are unfinished inside. Just enough friction to make a perfect lather. Comfortable to hold, light weight and rustic.

Al in colorado
imagejpeg

Welcome Al! Enjoy the site, there is vast amounts of information here. For some reason your picture didn't post, maybe you could try it again? I'd love to see the bowl you got.

Here's an Ironstone Staffordshire from England and a real "odd" one from Germany. The German one has an iridescent look to it which is much more prevalent in person. This looks new but the stamp on the bottom is pretty old; but to be honest, I have no idea of it's age.

Attachments

• $IMG_2949.jpg
    $IMG_2949.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 139
  • $IMG_3880.jpg
    $IMG_3880.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 138

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I use a large coffee cup and it has a couple of problems: a little too small (clanking of brush against side), flat bottom (grabs cream) and my third lather is cold no matter how hot I get the cup before I start. I've ordered one of Robert's scuttles, but he's on vacation and it will be a month.

I use a large coffee cup and it has a couple of problems: a little too small (clanking of brush against side), flat bottom (grabs cream) and my third lather is cold no matter how hot I get the cup before I start. I've ordered one of Robert's scuttles, but he's on vacation and it will be a month.

Float the cup in the sink in the meantime.

Phil

Look what I got today! But since this completes this set, I guess I'll have to start looking for something else! I'm sure my bride will love that! $11.jpg$12.jpg

I'm looking at the copper shaving mug from bestshave.net. Has anyone used this? Any thoughts?

Use a pet feeding dish instead....But seriously, you can find nicer ones at stores like Ross, Marshall's, even $.99 stores. The bad thing about any metal is that it gets too hot or gets too cold.

$copperdish.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom