What's new

Scuttles & Mugs

Here's my late Fathers daily coffee mug. I use it to soak my brush.

$mug.JPG

What can I say, he was a pilot!

Here's my late Fathers daily coffee mug. I use it to soak my brush.

View attachment 249626

What can I say, he was a pilot!

I used to be a long haul trucker. I had an insulated mug from Mabels, as well as a T-shirt! They made good chili. Free to truckers, and free showers. If you wanted your back washed, that could be arranged for a small fee! Or so I've been told.:001_rolle

Sounds like a Naval Aviator (or so I've heard...)

Haha, Air Force but aren't they pretty much all the same?!?!

I used to be a long haul trucker. I had an insulated mug from Mabels, as well as a T-shirt! They made good chili. Free to truckers, and free showers. If you wanted your back washed, that could be arranged for a small fee! Or so I've been told.:001_rolle

I bet! Hope you went on Thursday... :thumbup:

Sorry to get slightly off topic, but since you guys are the ones with the SMAD's, does anyone know how many variations of the Old Spice mugs they made? I only see the Salem ones and the Ship/Friendship ones commonly. Are there any more?

Sorry to get slightly off topic, but since you guys are the ones with the SMAD's, does anyone know how many variations of the Old Spice mugs they made? I only see the Salem ones and the Ship/Friendship ones commonly. Are there any more?

Oh crap... I have those two.. There are more? I don't have SMAD but I could be persuaded to collect these just for the heck of it. Of course... I do have four scuttles but that doesn't count, does it?

Oh crap... I have those two.. There are more? I don't have SMAD but I could be persuaded to collect these just for the heck of it. Of course... I do have four scuttles but that doesn't count, does it?

:lol: just opened up a can of worms...But a few pages back someone post a collection of 4 old spice mugs.

Hello Gentlemen. For my first post here on B&B please allow me to impart my personal opinion on the subject of Mugs:

Since the mug is an essential part of the discipline of shaving much care should be taken in its selection.

In its physical dimensions it should encompass the "lathering media" insuring no waste occurs from spillage or overflow.

It should fit comfortably in the hand and allow the shaver to keep it in a firm grasp even during vigorous lathering sessions.

Lastly, aesthetically it should reflect the somber dignity which this time honored and genteel art commands. Toward this end I offer this example:

$Tomato 002.jpg

My actual field research on the subject revealed that the fragrance of my cake of Williams suffered when I used the French Onion, and Vichyssoise produced a cold froth. Only the Tomato served to produce the rich creamy lather I desired.

Hello Gentlemen. For my first post here on B&B please allow me to impart my personal opinion on the subject of Mugs:

Since the mug is an essential part of the discipline of shaving much care should be taken in its selection.

In its physical dimensions it should encompass the "lathering media" insuring no waste occurs from spillage or overflow.

It should fit comfortably in the hand and allow the shaver to keep it in a firm grasp even during vigorous lathering sessions.

Lastly, aesthetically it should reflect the somber dignity which this time honored and genteel art commands. Toward this end I offer this example:

View attachment 251254

My actual field research on the subject revealed that the fragrance of my cake of Williams suffered when I used the French Onion, and Vichyssoise produced a cold froth. Only the Tomato served to produce the rich creamy lather I desired.

You should use only vintage Williams. It goes well with any flavor.

I got a nice hand painted stoneware bowl at the flee market for just a couple bucks. No texture but not exactly smooth eaither. Builds a perfect lather and love how it holds heat. Might get others for collection but probably won't shave with the others.

Top Bottom