What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

$04_Mount_Kinabalu.jpg

It's like drinking high quality cocoa in a wild jungle. Or something. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that cacao and Patchouli are paired to wonderful effect in this fragrance.

Last edited:
Fahrenheit (Dior). Although I normally loathe this fragrance, I found myself sniffing it (and eventually spraying it) this morning in the fragrances section of a mainstream shopping mall. This fragrance is actually well-made - the scent doesn't work for me though.

VERSACE MAN EAU FRAÎCHE

bleh. the best thing I can say about this is....the atomizer it came in will be dumped out, rinsed and reused with something that doesnt put me to sleep.

Thanks to a generous sample provided by a fellow memeber: Guerlain's Coriolan.

This one is two comfortable memories to my mind. Growing up in southern Florida and surrounded by so many citrus trees, I must say that the opening is quite remarkable in it's ability to recall the memories of the overall "flavor" of being surrounded by those same trees, not the blooms, not the fruit, but the trees themselves.

Later it becomes a fragrance that recalls a favorite uncle. Someone that you were quite comfortable to be around. I'm sure that at the time, being that you were so young, he seemed "old" but in retrospect you know now that he was not really old, perhaps middle aged. A character that was always welcome, well liked, flashy, but not overly so. Growing up you realize that he was not really flashy at all, but rather was simply more extroverted than your parents were. Easy going, happy, funny, generally well liked. Never overstayed his welcome, and always made the time during his visit nothing but happy. The world would be a better place if there were more like him in it, a happier, more tolerant place, not to be confused with one that is more "politically correct," but simply more tolerant and adaptable.

I don't think that there are too many young guys that could pull this one off, but at the same time I don't in any way find this to be encroaching on "old man" territory. This is a comfortable, relaxing scent that, to me anyway, is rather uplifting. This one is a keeper, and one that I will be seeking out in greater quantities, soon.

YMMV

Bob

Last edited:
How does this compare to the original? Different enough to own both?

Chanel Antaeus for me today.

Not different enough to own both IMO unless you are a collector and want the whole line. The Golden Edition is like an "intense" version of the original. The top notes are sharper and the leather note is a bit more pronounced. The dry down is identical as far as I can tell and the longevity is insane as if the original is not strong enough.

I'd read that it is less powdery than the original, so I bought this blind. Powdery note is still there. Bottom line is that it's just a stronger concentration of the same juice.

Not different enough to own both IMO unless you are a collector and want the whole line. The Golden Edition is like an "intense" version of the original. The top notes are sharper and the leather note is a bit more pronounced. The dry down is identical as far as I can tell and the longevity is insane as if the original is not strong enough.

I'd read that it is less powdery than the original, so I bought this blind. Powdery note is still there. Bottom line is that it's just a stronger concentration of the same juice.

Not sure how cold it gets in AUS but K10 is quite good in colder weather. I find it kind of moderates the powdery notes, but your bodyheat still allows the scent to really develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom