What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanon:
$94284720-260x260-0-0_Kanon+Kanon+Men+Cologne+for+Men+KANON+KANON+EDT+SP.jpg

Entering the new year just as I left the old year because this concoction is that good, and I rarely wear the same scent two days in a row:

$straight_to_heaven_by_kilian.jpg

Happy New Year, fume heads, frag hounds, and gentlefolk all!

Creed Original Vetiver

To start the new year I figured I'd go for something with a nice clean and fresh feel (especially after Royal Oud last night). While I think it's a little on the soapy side, some days all I want is something clean.

Attar Maulana

proxy.php

From Profumo.it. This perfume was composed for his sheikh by a loving pupil, a blend of precious flowers (Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose) with the pheromone extract of the wild Beaver.

I was hoping for the wild badger, but the wild beaver is pretty good too. :laugh:

I was hoping for the wild badger, but the wild beaver is pretty good too.​
:laugh:

Who doesn't love a little wild beaver once in a while...?

Oudh Noir
by Angela Flanders

Woodsmoke, leather, tobacco, guaiacwood, cedarwood, juniper, patchouli, vetiver, & oudh

Helllllooooo Angela! Wow, fantastic stuff! The vetiver gives this a rather dank and musty smell but the sillage is all leather, pine and incense. I'm literally entranced by this stuff!

proxy.php

[/CENTER]
Who doesn't love a little wild beaver once in a while...?

Oudh Noir
by Angela Flanders

Woodsmoke, leather, tobacco, guaiacwood, cedarwood, juniper, patchouli, vetiver, & oudh

Helllllooooo Angela! Wow, fantastic stuff! The vetiver gives this a rather dank and musty smell but the sillage is all leather, pine and incense. I'm literally entranced by this stuff!

proxy.php

How does it compare to Arso, Chris?

How does it [Oudh Noir] compare to Arso, Chris?

No comparison, they don't smell anything alike. Oudh Noir is really all about the interplay between patchouli and oud whereas Arso to me smelled like smoke and incense (to put it simply). There are facets of incense in this from the oud, I guess, but it's not as bold as Arso, not nearly as smoky.

Domenico Caraceni 1913 for me. Still can't understand why people think this is a dark scent... It's quite bright to me. Uplifting.

mb03 biehl parfumkunstwerke - another excellent incense frag from Mark Buxton (author of CDG 2 Man, CDG Incense series: Ouarzazate, Le Labo Vetiver 46 and many others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom