What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, March 2017: The Fatip

Fatip Piccolo Astra SP (27)
Maggard Synth
VDH Deluxe
Clubman
Cremo Forest Blend Beard Oil

DSCF0021 (1).JPG

Great way to end the month, Troy! Thank you very much for participating!
Yes it was a great way to end the month. I love the idea of a safety razor of the month. Thank you very much for hosting. Do you know what next month will be? As long as I have a player for the month I will play along.

I know I said I would try and get two more shaves with my Fatip after finding this thread last week. Sadly I failed... I've been having too much fun with my Timeless. But I will say I love my Fatip Piccolo.

Can't stress enough how much I missed using my Piccolo over the last week. Pulled it out this morning w/ Shark SS (5) still in it and was blessed with one of the best shaves I have had in over a week now. I will be very glad to put the Supply Provision injector in the mail to the new owner and getting back to my regular rotation which I think must include my Piccolo for at least 3 days a week now... This razor is truly a gem that had eluded my radar for a while. Very glad to see it getting some love lately which gave me the itch to order one. Just proves that price certainly shouldn't dictate why or why not someone should add something new to the den!!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yes it was a great way to end the month. I love the idea of a safety razor of the month. Thank you very much for hosting. Do you know what next month will be? As long as I have a player for the month I will play along.
I may wait til May. I have been very busy. If I do it this month or next, It will probably be the 40s style superspeed. I'd like to try to infuse more info into the thread, but have been lacking time to do proper research. You are quite welcome. The participation of others has made it fun, so thank you!

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

I know I said I would try and get two more shaves with my Fatip after finding this thread last week. Sadly I failed... I've been having too much fun with my Timeless. But I will say I love my Fatip Piccolo.
Thanks for your participation, Chad! The Timeless would be tugging at me too!

Can't stress enough how much I missed using my Piccolo over the last week. Pulled it out this morning w/ Shark SS (5) still in it and was blessed with one of the best shaves I have had in over a week now. I will be very glad to put the Supply Provision injector in the mail to the new owner and getting back to my regular rotation which I think must include my Piccolo for at least 3 days a week now... This razor is truly a gem that had eluded my radar for a while. Very glad to see it getting some love lately which gave me the itch to order one. Just proves that price certainly shouldn't dictate why or why not someone should add something new to the den!!

I agree 100 pct.

KeenDogg

@troy also, if I go to May, it would help people have time to get that type of razor so they could participate. I guess it would be a way to gear up, so to speak.

I may wait til May. I have been very busy. If I do it this month or next, It will probably be the 40s style superspeed. I'd like to try to infuse more info into the thread, but have been lacking time to do proper research. You are quite welcome. The participation of others has made it fun, so thank you!

Kindly,
Adam

40s Super Speed sounds like a great choice, and waiting sounds good too. :thumbup1:

One thing to be aware of is that the Fatip is one of the few current razors that uses a non standard handle thread. Per my measurements it's thread is 4.5mm diameter x 0.75mm pitch versus the industry standard 5mm x 0.8mm. Thus no Fatip handle will fit other razors and most replacement handles will be a poor or unacceptably loose fit on the Fatip head. Something to keep in mind when considering the purchase of a Fatip.

Top Bottom