What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, March 2017: The Fatip

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Razor of the month!! Way to go, Adam.. Mine is the Grande, but I may need to try the Piccolo at some point. Like heavier stuff in general.. Will try to get a few more shaves in with this beauty before the month ends..
Best,
TT
Thanks TT. I'm in the same boat as you. I just have the Grande. I would like to try the Piccolo handle. Thanks for your post, brother!

Kindly,
Adam

Piccolo Astra SP (23)
Whipped Dog Synth
WSP Gaelic Tweed
Aqua Velva
DSCF0020 (1).JPG

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven, have you tried the Grande handle as well? I haven't tried the piccolo so I'm not sure which I would prefer.

I like the Grande handle. It does tend to get slippery. A touch of Alum on the fingers fixes that right up. Yes, I think it's a great razor especially at it it price point.

Thanks so much guys!

Kindly,
Adam

Adam, I might be what some might say a "Fatip fanboy", so yes I have a Grande. I like both the Piccolo and the Grande and any preference is just a matter of degree. If I had to choose I would pick the Piccolo. For me it has greater ease of movement and the added weight of 70grams to the Grande's 66grams gives it a slight edge for me. I for one do not mind the Piccolo's thinner handle. That might be an issue for some, but I hardly notice the handle when shaving which is a good thing. I guess as far as slipperiness goes the Grande would be the more slippery of the two because the pipe detailing is so much larger than it is on the Piccolo. The Piccolo definitely has more grip of the two. For me it's a gem and it comes in any plating you want as long as it's nickel! I think you'll never know until you try one! :w00t:

My Fatip collection plus one Joris because the head is made by Fatip:
005 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I am anxiously awaiting Thursday morning to get back to my Piccolo in the rotation... I may have to just give it a couple days in a row after the time off its had!! Great to see some activity in here.

No love for the Retro? It's by far my favorite razor. I have a Piccolo as well, but I prefer the Retro's long light handle. It's more comfortable and more maneuverable for me since I'm not fighting the weight of the heavy handle. Oddly, although the Retro's handle looks like it'd be super-slippery, it's not.

In fact, I like the Retro so much that I have a second one out for replating in rose gold.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
No love for the Retro? It's by far my favorite razor. I have a Piccolo as well, but I prefer the Retro's long light handle. It's more comfortable and more maneuverable for me since I'm not fighting the weight of the heavy handle. Oddly, although the Retro's handle looks like it'd be super-slippery, it's not.

In fact, I like the Retro so much that I have a second one out for replating in rose gold.
I just haven't gotten around to adding one to my collection yet. It looks like the handle is solid brass like the Piccolo?

The best Italy has to offer? This?

proxy.php

J/K, Adam...:001_tt2:

One of these days I'll have to buy a razor...

I mean a NON VINTAGE one...:lol: and it might be a Fatip....

I have been thinking about a Fatip but have been trying to dial back my RAD. Since I'm presently not working I'll wait until the new job is found before pulling the trigger on the Fatip. But as for Italian cars, I'll take this one, than you very much.....1965 Lamborghini 350 GT

proxy.php

You, sir, are a man of exquisite taste!

IMG_1050.JPG
My best razor, bar none. Styling, build, looks, and performance as good as a high-end Maserati, but slightly cheaper. Used it for the first time in a couple of weeks today and it was like coming home.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The best Italy has to offer? This?

proxy.php

J/K, Adam...:001_tt2:

One of these days I'll have to buy a razor...

I mean a NON VINTAGE one...[emoji38] and it might be a Fatip....
Well, she looks pretty nice, too!

View attachment 778901 My best razor, bar none. Styling, build, looks, and performance as good as a high-end Maserati, but slightly cheaper. Used it for the first time in a couple of weeks today and it was like coming home.

Very nice setup! How's that Noxema work for ya?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well, she looks pretty nice, too!

Very nice setup! How's that Noxema work for ya?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The Noxzema was a pre-shave cream that I bought on my last trip to Italy, and like all the pre-shave products I've tried, it didn't make any difference whatsoever! Cool little jar, though.

Top Bottom