What's new

Rooney 1/1

How are these with creams for a face latherer? I have a 3/1 and love it but would like to try it. I do switch both soaps and creams if that helps. I am guessing this brush is as firm as the 3/1.

Buy it and we'll tell you!

my 1/1 is in super, and it works out pretty well. Using it with PdP cream and Bigelow. I have some other creams on the way, but I think it lathered great with those two, I don't expect it to be much different. I also face lather. I end up with enough to do 3-4 passes and a little cleanup, which is my threshold. Not sure what your 3/1 is but I would think it would be similar to the 3/1.

The 1/1, in Super is utterly fantastic!

i have a 3/1 as well, and the two compliment each other very well; however, the 1/1 has a shorter loft and a little more resiliency which makes it better suited to face lathering. if i had to pick between the two it would be the 1/1.

The 1/1, in Super is utterly fantastic!

i have a 3/1 as well, and the two compliment each other very well; however, the 1/1 has a shorter loft and a little more resiliency which makes it better suited to face lathering.
According to Vintageblades, both the 1/1 and 3/1 have a 48mm loft; only the handle style & height differ. So this is incorrect?

I have a 1/1 and a 3/1. Loft size the same.

So if you had to pick one over the other which would it be for a face lather who uses soaps and creams.:confused:I have a 3/1 in fine badger but wanted to get a 1/1 in super or 3/1 in super even but need a little guidance.

So if you had to pick one over the other which would it be for a face lather who uses soaps and creams.:confused:I have a 3/1 in fine badger but wanted to get a 1/1 in super or 3/1 in super even but need a little guidance.

1/1. The handle is great. It'll be different from your 3/1 Fine. You can even ask Jim or Erin at Vintage Blades to select one with a particularly short loft if you want that.

-Andy

I do have a preference but it is purely for aesthetic reasons and my aesthetics are probably not a good predictor of your aesthetics.

Functionally I can say the very slightly longer handle on the style 3 might be better for someone with bigger hands than I have. For me, both handles are AOK from a functional point of view. I do happen to like the *look* of the style 1 a little more, but that doesn't mean it isn't just the opposite for you or anyone else.

I agree though I do like the look of the 1 better. Hmm , perhaps I will just give it a go I was ust unsure of it performance wise. Thanks for all your help gents.

Just a little quick question, should the 1/1 fit in the palm of your hand? I have a friend who has a Rooney 1 and it's small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and my hands are not huge. Is that true?

Just a little quick question, should the 1/1 fit in the palm of your hand? I have a friend who has a Rooney 1 and it's small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and my hands are not huge. Is that true?

Why do you want it to fit in the palm of your hand? :confused:

I'm just trying to get an idea if its the 1/1 or not that I held. It pretty much wnt from the base of the palm to right under the fingers like less than a quarter inch under. That sound about right for a 1/1? Or is that a 1/2?

Last edited:
Not to sound ungreatful but I'm running errands and thought to ask the comparison by hand size.

thanks Robert. I went with the 1/1 based off the recommendations from you gents. I also brought over my 3/1 to do a side by side comparison with the brush my friend has and it was just a tad bit taller than his rooney 1 . The one seems like the perfect size for my preference and better for those who lather at the base of the handle.

Top Bottom