What's new

Proraso red cream holy cow!

I like the white one alot, haven't tried red. Not big on Sandalwood. For some reason I feel I have to apologise for that. 😅

White is crisp and fresh smelling. I would get a restock... But... Sooo many soaps to burn through.

White was the first soap I tried when I started DE shaving. It has a special spot in my heart.
Hate the white. And I won't apologise. :c1:
The other 3 colours I like. The blue and red more than the green.

I have the blue, white and green lines, all the pre, creams and soap, post (as and balms). Its a good soap, all of them. I have not used the creams so much as I wanted to get good at making lather with soaps but with 11+ months experience with wet shaving I know I can make good lather now so I don't care as much about having to use a soap to get my lathering skills right. I have Proraso white balm, I don't know what it is but its such an effective balm for me.

I would ask @Marco between the Proaso post shave balms, white, green, blue, which does he find to be the best for moisturizing and skin irritation and overall best? I have used white alot of times as it has been very effective for me ie good for my skin, takes razor burn away within 10 minutes no matter. I like the post feel of it after I put on an alcohol based AS as well.

I have not used the Blue so much as when I was early on into wetshaving the Proaso White Balm was recommended post shave and effective but I did like the smell of blue as well so curious to know the differences.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I would ask @Marco between the Proaso post shave balms, white, green, blue, which does he find to be the best for moisturizing and skin irritation and overall best? I have used white alot of times as it has been very effective for me ie good for my skin, takes razor burn away within 10 minutes no matter. I like the post feel of it after I put on an alcohol based AS as well.

I have not used the Blue so much as when I was early on into wetshaving the Proaso White Balm was recommended post shave and effective but I did like the smell of blue as well so curious to know the differences.​
Not a huge fan of Proraso balms, honestly. The same manufacturer (Ludovico Martelli Company) has recently introduced a couple of new aftershave balms under the logo Floid The Genuine. Performance and scents are great. My favourite is the Vetyver Splash.

89F75EC8-D574-479E-B381-ED2B8CE38E05.jpeg

Not a huge fan of Proraso balms, honestly. The same manufacturer (Ludovico Martelli Company) has recently introduced a couple of new aftershave balms under the logo Floid The Genuine. Performance and scents are great. My favourite is the Vetyver Splash.

Very nice! Thanks for the recommendation and feedback, I appreciate it.

I was in a hurry this morning, so no shave. My Proraso Red Super Formula combo pre-shave & cream is scheduled for tomorrow morning!
I like to shave at times when I don't have to go fast. Less chance of injury. A slow comfortable shave with all the preparations and post shave rituals like rinsing the razor and applying alum and AS is my go-to.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I like to shave at times when I don't have to go fast. Less chance of injury. A slow comfortable shave with all the preparations and post shave rituals like rinsing the razor and applying alum and AS is my go-to.
Sir, one of the key rules for a quality wet shave is proceeding slowly and carefully, step by step. At all times.

Top Bottom