What's new

Proraso red cream holy cow!

Oh man another good, no great shave. I used a Williams puck for years on end but now I have been enlightened.

Shark blade, Lord L6, alum stone, Whiskey Woods AS, Proraso cream in my aliexpress bowl whipped up. Nice thick lather that is easier to control than with a stick. Easy to determine water content-just a few drops and wallah. Thick and cushiony lather with no cuts or weepers. Two passes with the final pass using Cremo because I can and it's fun. I'm not ready to not use Cremo during a shave lol. Proraso would have easily been fine for 3 passes but I'm a Cremo addict somebody stop me. I will eventually do an all-Proraso shave someday I'm sure.

Amazing stuff and it's a forever cream in my rotation. Amazing fun to plan and decide what tools I'm going to use for a shave. Proraso is a 5 star product for sure. Look out world!

If you are new and haven't tried it, get you some. The scent is divine too.

Oh man another good, no great shave. I used a Williams puck for years on end but now I have been enlightened.

Shark blade, Lord L6, alum stone, Whiskey Woods AS, Proraso cream in my aliexpress bowl whipped up. Nice thick lather that is easier to control than with a stick. Easy to determine water content-just a few drops and wallah. Thick and cushiony lather with no cuts or weepers. Two passes with the final pass using Cremo because I can and it's fun. I'm not ready to not use Cremo during a shave lol. Proraso would have easily been fine for 3 passes but I'm a Cremo addict somebody stop me. I will eventually do an all-Proraso shave someday I'm sure.

Amazing stuff and it's a forever cream in my rotation. Amazing fun to plan and decide what tools I'm going to use for a shave. Proraso is a 5 star product for sure. Look out world!

With summer approaching try some Proraso Green (Eukalyptus & Menthol) for a refreshing and cooling shave :thumbsup:

D2754048-93A7-463F-9E01-51B1670F2593.jpeg

Red and green are great!
The lime azur is my favorite however
I'll have to try them. Cremo is rock bottom excellent too, no doubt about it imo. But the Proraso whipped up in my bowl is easier to apply than squirting the Cremo onto my fingers and spreading it around. Like it matters I know. Not complaining. Head to head, Proraso might have a slight edge even.

I'm just floored by all these great shaving products and haven't been disappointed yet except for maybe some blades that tug. Astras are great but I think I may even leave them behind for now because Feathers and Sharks are so good. Astras feel like they are pulling the whiskers out by the roots compared with the slicing off the Feathers do. And Astras are highly regarded. YMMV

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I'll have to try them. Cremo is rock bottom excellent too, no doubt about it imo. But the Proraso whipped up in my bowl is easier to apply than squirting the Cremo onto my fingers and spreading it around. Like it matters I know. Not complaining. Head to head, Proraso might have a slight edge even.

I'm just floored by all these great shaving products and haven't been disappointed yet except for maybe some blades that tug. Astras are great but I think I may even leave them behind for now because Feathers and Sharks are so good. Astras feel like they are pulling the whiskers out by the roots compared with the slicing off the Feathers do. And Astras are highly regarded. YMMV
Ya so many great products …
If you like feathers give Kai blades a try. I prefer them over feather.

The soaps are great too - easy to lather. The red is my favorite, though I really like the green in hot summer weather. It gives a nice eucalyptus kick!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Since we’re piling on the praise I’ll also add that I’m a huge fan of the green lid preshave. I love the menthol and scent. I buy the large tub so I can use it to my heart’s content.

I enjoy mixing Proraso with Cremo

Top Bottom