What's new

Open Comb October

Are you only allowed to use OC during the whole October to be in? I am having both a 15C and a R89 ordered. Of course I will want to try both. :blink:
I have been using OC since January (R41), but I will not be able to wait with trying R89 until November.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Seems like we just did an Open Comb month .. wasn't it March? Or was that the Single Edge one? Hell gettin' old, but I did procure a couple new OC's so let's see what develops

Are you only allowed to use OC during the whole October to be in? I am having both a 15C and a R89 ordered. Of course I will want to try both. :blink:
I have been using OC since January (R41), but I will not be able to wait with trying R89 until November.

The plan was to use OC only for the month.

Will there be a special OCtober SOTD thread?

We could start a special thread, or you could just post them in this thread. I kind of like the thought of having everything for OCtober in one thread.

I'm in. Haven't been able to stop using my long comb New since i got it a couple weeks ago. Still working on finding just the right pressure and angle, but by the end of October I should be a pro with it!

I'm in. I have a New Short Comb that is quickly becoming my favorite razor. I'll be happy to use it every day for a month!

Hi,

I received my Fasan OC Double Slant yesterday, and shaved with it for the first time this morning. It felt like the Old Type with the blade on the skin, but no weepers or even any irritation. It got me to near BBS on one pass, with two touch up spots, and I did not have to relather as the OC left enough behind to do the job.

This thing is wonderful, and I wonder why no one makes it again as a production razor? The patents are long expired and the design is just sitting there. It is *so* light, but the double angle of the slant really wants it that way as zero pressure is the name of this game.

So, this is my razor for OCtober. I want to use it for a month to really get to know it anyway, so we have perfect alignment. :thumbup1:

View attachment 371258

And, here it is with my two other open comb razors:

View attachment 371259

The OC Double Slant, A British New Long Comb, and Grandpa's Old Type.

Stan

I'm in! This will be a nice follow-up to SEtember.

Hi,

I received my Fasan OC Double Slant yesterday, and shaved with it for the first time this morning. It felt like the Old Type with the blade on the skin, but no weepers or even any irritation. It got me to near BBS on one pass, with two touch up spots, and I did not have to relather as the OC left enough behind to do the job.

This thing is wonderful, and I wonder why no one makes it again as a production razor? The patents are long expired and the design is just sitting there. It is *so* light, but the double angle of the slant really wants it that way as zero pressure is the name of this game.

So, this is my razor for OCtober. I want to use it for a month to really get to know it anyway, so we have perfect alignment. :thumbup1:

View attachment 371258

And, here it is with my two other open comb razors:

View attachment 371259

The OC Double Slant, A British New Long Comb, and Grandpa's Old Type.

Stan

That slant looks AWESOME!

Here is the list so far.

No.Name
1Shutterbug57
2DrAwkward
3mastershake
4Lothar101
5bryan1980
6Chado
7Ollie4ISU
8Chongo Gordo
9Teppanyaki
10Suggy
11tiernan22
12k200817
13Cornishman
14ThomasB989080
15hdjj00
16JSB33
17DaveL
18Rawskin
19oldbluelight
20cpacamper
21coyotewhisper
22Richie
23KQY61
24Rockminer
25GHCHambone
26Jasman
27briggs
28SteveWY
29mswofford
30zombiemann
31KindestCutofAll
32mikelz777
33dpmtherrien
34chgruver
35rotarygov
36garyg
37segnod
38SocalRick
39TonyJoe

Thought if might be fun to see what razors everybody is bringing in for the month. I took the attached pic for a different reason, but it has all my OC razors in it. Ignore the Red Tip. I may pickup an OC TTO Aristocrat this month and my Old Type OC head should be delivered this month as well, neither of those are pictured.

Top Row - 1912 Every-Ready. Bottom Row L-R Senator, Sheraton, NEW SC Bar Handle, Red Tip (not an OC) and NEW SC Bar Handle in custom made travel case made from a Whitman's candy box I got in my Christmas Stocking last year.

$PRHardware.jpg

Last edited:
Thought if might be fun to see what razors everybody is bringing in for the month. I took the attached pic for a different reason, but it has all my OC razors in it. Ignore the Red Tip. I may pickup an OC TTO Aristocrat this month and my Old Type OC head should be delivered this month as well, neither of those are pictured.

Top Row - 1912 Every-Ready. Bottom Row L-R Senator, Sheraton, NEW SC Bar Handle, Red Tip (not an OC) and NEW SC Bar Handle in custom made travel case made from a Whitman's candy box I got in my Christmas Stocking last year.

The only OC I currently own is a Ball End Old Type. The pic is from before I cleaned it up. It looks a lot nicer now. I did cheat a little a put a fat tech handle on it. A little more comfortable to use now

$19c54Aq.jpg

Grandpa's Old Type looks like it has silver plating. You should give it the Aluminum Foil/Baking Soda treatment.

Hi,

It might. It has always looked like that. I am rather used to it, and really do not want to do anything to it besides the occasional shave with it.....

Stan

Short comb New is supposed to be here Monday, just in time for OCtober. This will be my first open comb razor. Looking forward to it!

This is my only OC razor, a short comb New. I really love it. I can't wait to use it all month. I have many different blades to experiment with for the month!!

$New Razor.jpg

Count me in, I use OCs 9 times out of 10 anyway. Would I be allowed to use my R41, though it is technically a hybrid? It will be a bit of a wrench to put the R41 down for a month, after we have just sorted out our differences, but I have enough other OCs to keep me going & another on its way.

Top Bottom