What's new

NYC Potlatch 3?

Turns out I can't make it , gotta take a trip to KY early and the times just too tight . Maybe there'll be a potlatch 3.5 ?

We totally blew it by making it this weekend. If it'd've been last week, we'd've had the Saint Hagus hallelujah harmony hymns. Next year, they're serving St. Andrew's blessed hagus on a Friday night.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Great to have beer and scotch for breakfast! (did anyone else see the huge model predator drone outside St. Andrews?)

Loved meeting the new guys and helping them expand their dens. Hope the random guy that Lou convinced to buy a Merkur signs up here.

It was a good time had by all. 'Twas a pleasure meeting new people, and I do hope Brian's finger nails have uncurled by now due to the *ahem* incident at Art Brown's!

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Great to have beer and scotch for breakfast! (did anyone else see the huge model predator drone outside St. Andrews?)

Loved meeting the new guys and helping them expand their dens. Hope the random guy that Lou convinced to buy a Merkur signs up here.

Hi Inky, it was a great get together, a really nice bunch of fellows we are in B&B. Was lots of fun... and SWMBO loved the pen I bought for her at Art's.
Thanks to all for the generosity of sharing. See you next time.

Foamy greetings
Icebear

I think we can all agree the Scots know how to make excellent Whisky. Since Whisky is simply distilled beer, and since on Orkney they make the legendary Highland Park Whisky, I offer for your consideration, and perusal these fine brewed beverages:

$430285_577886618898_47700012_31468256_2138843435_n.jpg

The Dark Island was incredible. Given the choice between that and Guinness, it's no choice. Dark Island. The Red MacGregor was equally outstanding.

I am glad I attended today's meetup. I want to extend my sincere gratitude for the genorosity and knowledge passed my way. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and being a newbie everyone made me feel welcome. The members of this forum are true gents. I look forward to the next time and also being able to pay it forward.

Mille Grazie!

Darrin

Damn, i missed this. Would have been nice to meet some locals, especially since I'm new to this and don't yet know anyone else who shares the new obsession.

Anyway, I'm seconding Wm. T's proposal for a 3.5 meet-up. Especially if it affords an opportunity to try a bottle of that Dark Island sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Damn, i missed this. Would have been nice to meet some locals, especially since I'm new to this and don't yet know anyone else who shares the new obsession.

Anyway, I'm seconding Wm. T's proposal for a 3.5 meet-up. Especially if it affords an opportunity to try a bottle of that Dark Island sooner rather than later.

I, for one, don't need a lot of encouragement to return to St. Andrew's.

I, for one, don't need a lot of encouragement to return to St. Andrew's.
Indeed you are a connaissuer of the liquid things from Scotland. I admired Inky for finishing that Dram of Laphroig you recommended him. That stuff is definately for the advanced and not for a newby to whisky. I'm more the Lagavullin kind of guy. Either the good old 16 y or of course I don't mind the Pedro Ximinez Edition either :lol::lol:. Anyway it's much more fun now once you met some folks in person.

And btw the Gem Micromatic (THANKS again Inky) is one hell of a tool. I gave it a good cleaning yesterday and put it to work this morning.It really feels like a straight on stick. A bit strange though and it gave me a few nicks.

Foamy greetings
Icebear

Well, the latest formal NYC Potlatch has come and gone. However, despair not, ye brethren. For once again, tonight (and every Wednesday night) the RadioFlyer Blues Band will be performing @ American Trash from 9-1. After we play our opening set, the stage opens up to other musicians for an open jam. So come one, come all! Bring your axe. Play some blues. Or funk. Or rock. Or don't. Whatever. Drink some beers. Eat some food. Buy some shaving gear*. Etc., etc. You get the drift.

Hope to see some of you guys there one of these Weds. nights ... :thumbup1:

*DISCLAIMER: American Trash does not sell shaving gear. Not even close. However, it's not that far away from Cambridge Chemists, Clyde's, & the uptown Pasteurs. Caution is therefore advised.

Dunno about a new thread, but ... Weds. has come round once again, and once again I'll be playing tonight @ American Trash from 9-1 w/the RadioFlyer Blues Band. However, this week only we'll also be playing on Fri. night, 2/17. Same place, same time, same open jam. No cover charge.

If anyone's up for playing some tunes & drinking some beers tonight or Fri. night, come on by & say hello!

Top Bottom