What's new

NYC Potlatch 3?

We're talking Uptown at Lexington Avenue?

Obviously, you've never met us.:001_tt2: I may bring some vintage Gillette DE's to sell, and some lurkers...
No I have not . This will be my first time meeting everyone. I have only been on B&B for a few weeks. I have been shaving with a straight since early october 2011. I have terrible case of RAD Im over 30 razors in plus Im slowly restoring. I even built a workshop in my garage. Im sure some of you have been stricken with this disease as well, eh?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
No way Lou, downtown Pasteur's all the way. 34th and Park.

Would anyone be interested in a quick Art Browns trip (the Pasteur's of fountain pens and writing supplies) before everything? Say around 2pm?

I would like to stop at Art Browns, need some pads....

How true. After a few beers, his nickname is The Methane-iac!
Would it be easier and cheaper for you to come in via NJ Transit? For example, the fare from Bloomfield or Brick Church to Penn Station is $6.25 each way, and $5.50 Round Trip if you're a Senior Citizen.
What time are we meeting Eenky?

DunEdinRanger,
LOL - no I'm not getting the senior citizen discount and I was just kiddin' about the GW-bucks, parking will be more expensive but a first time visit to Pasteurs ....:scared: OMG.

Foamy greetings
Icebear

Alright. I'm not holding my breath here, but I'll be performing w/the RadioFlyer Blues Band tonight @ American Trash -- 1st Ave. between 76th-77th -- from 9-1. No cover charge.

The place has a decent beer list and pretty good food. Again, after we play our 1st set it's an open jam. Would be great to meet some of the local brethren, so any of you who are musicians (or even if you're not!): bring your ax, come on out & play!

I would like to stop at Art Browns, need some Hero 616's, Jinhaos & pads....

FTFY :closedeye

Alright. I'm not holding my breath here, but I'll be performing w/the RadioFlyer Blues Band tonight @ American Trash -- 1st Ave. between 76th-77th -- from 9-1. No cover charge.

The place has a decent beer list and pretty good food. Again, after we play our 1st set it's an open jam. Would be great to meet some of the local brethren, so any of you who are musicians (or even if you're not!): bring your ax, come on out & play!

I would have gone, but for the removal of an ingrown toenail earlier in the week which is still painful, and bloody. Hope you had a great set!

I would have gone, but for the removal of an ingrown toenail earlier in the week which is still painful, and bloody. Hope you had a great set!

Thanks! The night went pretty well. It got fairly crowded later on...lots of folks showed up to play. We actually had a couple of young guys stop by who performed 3 of their own tunes. I thought they sounded great; judging by the response, the crowd agreed w/me. :thumbup1:

We're there every Weds. night, so feel free to come out whenever. You can check the band's facebook page for updates (and a few vids).

Hope your foot's feeling better soon!

We do need a pretty accurate head count soon; Resto seems to charge a $50 pix fix menu for parties over ten (which it looks like we might reach).

Would anyone be amenable to a different location if we're at or over 10 at the booze part of the meetup?

For sure I'm going to go to Pasteur's . I may have time for a drink or 2 . Not really interested in a meal though ..

Actually , my interest in all of this is as a knifemaker . I'm interested in the technical aspects of straight razors more than shaving with them ...

I use a DE right now ..

Last edited:
Count me in.

Fix price doesn't make sense. Most people will have a drink or two and that's all. Some of us need to eat, so the place should have at least some decent food, even if it's just a selection of appetizers. We could also do some hopping after the first couple hours for whoever wants to stay longer.

It makes sense to get at least two people's cell phone numbers to text or call if anything goes astray. Exchange them in private message--not here.

Are we doing any kind of exchange? Meets are a great time to check out new frags. I mean, we are calling this a potlach.

Last edited:
Looks like my plans have changed.....so I'm in! Sounds like Rudy and I will be taking the train from Metuchen, so 2:00 at Art Browns to see Lou get tossed out the door.

How many samples of carters and Quink ??

Top Bottom