What's new

Nib Acquisitions: January 2017

$IMG_0470.jpg

I got this guy a few days ago, a 2012 Franklin-Christoph B&B Essential fountain pen. The nib & section were clogged to the point where I couldn't even pass air through it until earlier today (what on earth was that purple, Mark? :tongue_sm). The pen is flushed, clean, and ready to be inked now. I'll ink it up tonight or tomorrow and jot down my thoughts about it to share tomorrow.

View attachment 719870

View attachment 719871

Now that's a beaut Erik! Predates my time here, but man I wish something like that came around again (maybe based on the Model 19 which I've been peeping for over a year now :lol: )

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Now that's a beaut Erik! Predates my time here, but man I wish something like that came around again (maybe based on the Model 19 which I've been peeping for over a year now :lol: )

Thanks, Ryan! I've wanted to pick up one of the LE pens that have popped up in the Sue Moore Auction the past couple of years, but they've commanded too hefty of a winning bid for me to be a contender. I wasn't a part of B&B when the past few pens were issued. I'm not sure why the B&B LE pens stopped, but I have a few theories (which I'll keep to myself :001_rolle).

I have a FC Model 02 fountain pen as well. I think that they make some nice writing instruments. I have a medium nib on my 02 and it's as smooth as silk.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Late 1980's Pelikan (aka "old style") M400 tortoise. Unused, never inked condition found here in the USA.

14K fine point nib

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks, guys. I was lucky to find that tortoise and I'm pleased putting it into my collection.

Here's one last acquisition to make it under the wire for January. I had to buy a red R800 rollerball to get this set earlier this month ... January was good to me.

This is a W.Germany green striped M400 and matching pencil from the 1980s. Some ink residue in there but only lightly used judging by the lack of wear.

Top Bottom