What's new

NFL 2017

No doubt the Eagles put together a very good team. Pederson deserves credit for coaching to win and not coaching not to loose. They won the Super Bowl. Now the challenge is to maintain a competitive team for years to come. It is very difficult to keep players who want to get paid in free agency after they have won a Super Bowl. A new set of challenges going forward.

Moon better than Brady, no comment.

Congratulations Eagles!

No doubt the Eagles put together a very good team. Pederson deserves credit for coaching to win and not coaching not to loose. They won the Super Bowl. Now the challenge is to maintain a competitive team for years to come. It is very difficult to keep players who want to get paid in free agency after they have won a Super Bowl. A new set of challenges going forward.

Moon better than Brady, no comment.

Congratulations Eagles!
If staying competitive in the age of salary caps and free agency was easy, it'd be more common. Love them or hate them, nobody has done it better than the Patriots. They're the most successful organization and Brady is the most successful quarterback. So when you beat then it's special. Congrats again to the Eagles.

Something like 20 of 22 starters are under contract for next season. Howie Roseman went from being the butt of everyone's jokes to the best dang GM we ever had.

If staying competitive in the age of salary caps and free agency was easy, it'd be more common. Love them or hate them, nobody has done it better than the Patriots. They're the most successful organization and Brady is the most successful quarterback. So when you beat then it's special. Congrats again to the Eagles.
Exactly why I wanted the Eagles to play them. I wanted us to win by beating the best. I've been a faithful Eagles fan for 30 years, but until someone does what they've done, I'll never deny the dynasty status, and I don't see how anyone still argues about Tom Brady being the best quarterback to ever play the game. That's part of what makes beating them so sweet.

I have to say, that every single SB that Pats have been in have been great games. No big blowouts. Competitive games that have often come down to the final play of the game.

I didn't personally enjoy the ending of the story last night, but the 59:57 leading up to it was some pretty darn good foosball!

I have to say, that every single SB that Pats have been in have been great games. No big blowouts. Competitive games that have often come down to the final play of the game.

I didn't personally enjoy the ending of the story last night, but the 59:57 leading up to it was some pretty darn good foosball!
This is true. Patriots could just as easily have been 1-7 or 7-1 as 5-3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Exactly why I wanted the Eagles to play them. I wanted us to win by beating the best. I've been a faithful Eagles fan for 30 years, but until someone does what they've done, I'll never deny the dynasty status, and I don't see how anyone still argues about Tom Brady being the best quarterback to ever play the game. That's part of what makes beating them so sweet.
I've only been able to say Brady is the most successful quarterback to ever play the game. Best I can't personally say. Too much of that success is not in the QBs hands.

The Patriots lost Matt Patricia yesterday. Today, they lost Josh McDaniels, again. And in the same day got McDaniels back, again. Now the Patriots are tied with the Broncos for the most Super Bowl losses, if not wins. And Tom Brady stayed consistent with his post Super Bowl opposing QB handshake protocol. Both QBs are able to find each other and shake hands when he wins (happened 5 times now). And Brady heads straight off the field leaving the opposing QB looking for him when he loses (3rd time now). Some things never change, ;-D

McDaniels seems to be solidifying a reputation that he can't be trusted. He was the Denver head coach temporarily, much to the disgust of nearly every Broncos fan I know. He turned in a horrendous season. And, he brought over the same guy who made the Patriots spygate recordings and did the same thing in Denver. Bowlen found out about it and fired him, showing more integrity that some other owners in the same position, ahem... Now he commits to being Indys head coach and hires 3 assistant coaches. All of the assistant coaches sign their contracts but McDaniels hadn't. At the very last minute the Patriots reportedly offer McDaniels some more money and he bails on the Colts and the assistant coaches who already signed contracts to work for him. Following in Belichicks footsteps maybe. Belichick famously resigned after one day as the Jets head coach to go to the Patriots. McDaniels agent basically fired him today after the debacle. Agent Bob LaMonte has withdrawn from representing Josh McDaniels in the wake of McDaniels’s 11th-hour decision to stay with the Patriots. According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, LaMonte was “stunned” and “blindsided” by the move, and he apparently told McDaniels that he was “committing professional suicide.” “My word is my bond. Once you break that, there’s nothing left,” LaMonte said.

Congrats to Eagle's fans. I didn't care who won, but I worked with many Eagle fans over the years so I'm glad for them.

The only SB question still unanswered is why did Belichick and Patricia possibly throw the game by benching Malcolm Butler. I haven't followed the NFL this year, but what coach in his right mind benches a starter and shuffles his secondary unit 10 minutes before the SB? I think they destroyed what was left of their defensive unit and the dynasty is done. If I were a Lion's fan or player, I'd be second-guessing the choice of Patricia right now. I do hope Malcolm Butler finally gets the contract he deserves from another playoff team. He won a SB for NE and they screwed him.

Congrats to Eagle's fans. I didn't care who won, but I worked with many Eagle fans over the years so I'm glad for them.

The only SB question still unanswered is why did Belichick and Patricia possibly throw the game by benching Malcolm Butler. I haven't followed the NFL this year, but what coach in his right mind benches a starter and shuffles his secondary unit 10 minutes before the SB? I think they destroyed what was left of their defensive unit and the dynasty is done. If I were a Lion's fan or player, I'd be second-guessing the choice of Patricia right now. I do hope Malcolm Butler finally gets the contract he deserves from another playoff team. He won a SB for NE and they screwed him.
By the numbers apparently it makes sense. And I'd be surprised if Belichick didn't go by the numbers.
Now We Know Why Patriots Valued Stephon Gilmore Over Malcolm Butler

By the numbers apparently it makes sense. And I'd be surprised if Belichick didn't go by the numbers.
Now We Know Why Patriots Valued Stephon Gilmore Over Malcolm Butler

No argument that Gilmore is a better corner than Butler, but Butler's still a decent corner who was good enough to play 98% of defensive snaps all year. It took the first 4 games for the defense to get any chemistry and Belichick decided to destroy that chemistry at the last minute. His replacement Rowe, who didn't even know he was starting, was awful and Philly (like any true Super Bowl team) took advantage.

No argument that Gilmore is a better corner than Butler, but Butler's still a decent corner who was good enough to play 98% of defensive snaps all year. It took the first 4 games for the defense to get any chemistry and Belichick decided to destroy that chemistry at the last minute. His replacement Rowe, who didn't even know he was starting, was awful and Philly (like any true Super Bowl team) took advantage.
Good point. Guessing Butler musta done something in violation of "the Patriot way". But as not talking about anything of any consequence is part of that way, we may never know.

Interesting story about how Belichick made this decision.

Benching Malcolm Butler was another stroke of genius from Bill Belichick ... in theory

Top Bottom