What's new

NFL 2017

Contrary to some, I am eager to see this game even though I am not on the East coast and have no horse in the race. I freely admit I do not like Belichick or the Pats. But since I was born in NYC and lived there during my younger years, I also do not like the Red Sox. :001_rolle However, I may not like Belichick but I certainly respect him. No modern-day coach has his record of achievement.

The one thing I do like about Belichick is the way he handles stupid, dumb questions from reporters. His press conference was classic Belichick. Dressed in a sloppy T-shirt he stared down reporters when they asked dumb questions. :a14:

So, since I have been a Midget fan (pka as Giants), I could not care less who wins. However, I am hoping to see a good game of football.

Contrary to some, I am eager to see this game even though I am not on the East coast and have no horse in the race. I freely admit I do not like Belichick or the Pats. But since I was born in NYC and lived there during my younger years, I also do not like the Red Sox. :001_rolle However, I may not like Belichick but I certainly respect him. No modern-day coach has his record of achievement.

The one thing I do like about Belichick is the way he handles stupid, dumb questions from reporters. His press conference was classic Belichick. Dressed in a sloppy T-shirt he stared down reporters when they asked dumb questions. :a14:

So, since I have been a Midget fan (pka as Giants), I could not care less who wins. However, I am hoping to see a good game of football.
You do know that Nick Foles once spoke at our church, right? That should make you an Eagles fan this year.

Kirk Cousins on the way to Denver?
proxy.php

Hard to believe Cousins wouldn't want to go to a contender. That would rule a lot of teams out. Hard to believe the Jaguars don't move on from Bortles and sign Cousins.

There's just one problem with Cousins. He's not that good. An upgrade on Bortles who took Jags to brink of SB? Marginal. The Legend Of Kurt is greater then reality.

Fly Eagles Fly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree. It is the thought of Bortles rather than the reality of Bortles that paralyzed the Jaguars coaching staff to run the ball over and over on first down when the game was on the line. A safe play call, roll out pass to the sideline where your receiver has the only chance of a reception would have been in order. Couldn't bring themselves to do it.

Dynasty II

Good to see Terrell Owens in the HoF today.

But that Brian Dawkins got in is amazing to see for this city. Most beloved player in Philadelphia since Reggie White and Jerome Brown. The cherry on the cake for Superbowl weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wasn't sure which team I would be rooting against more, the Pats or a division rival. It didn't take long into the game for me to be naturally cheering for the Eggies. A fun first half to say the least.

Wow. One of the most exciting Super Bowls ever. Nick Foles had an incredible game. I don't know if I missed it, but I didn't see Brady congratulate the Eagles although Belichick did.

I am a Patriots fan. Congratulations Eagles! Great game. Coaching played to win. Hard to believe Wentz would have played any better than Foles did. Patriots had no solutions for the Eagle offense and couldn't get off the field.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great game.
Eagles redeem themselves for throwing snowballs at Santa with St Nick

Seriously my late uncle would have been thrilled

I am a Patriots fan. Congratulations Eagles! Great game. Coaching played to win. Hard to believe Wentz would have played any better than Foles did. Patriots had no solutions for the Eagle offense and couldn't get off the field.
Howard Roseman deserves a lot of credit for assembling a great team and coaching staff. The stars are aligned in the Eagles organization. Both Wentz and Foles benefited from this as has Brady for many years. Foles is a very good system quarterback in a great system. As Doug Pederson told his players after the game: "I've said before: An individual can make a difference. But a team..makes..a miracle!"

In my view, neither Foles or Brady are as good a quarterback as Warren Moon. But Warren didn't have the same luck in organizations. In fact, he might not have ever even gotten a job in the NFL if not for Bum Phillips.

But I disgress.

Congrats to Eagles, they deserve it.

Top Bottom