What's new

New OneBlade won't work with a Gem blade.

Yep, also known as monopolization.
If the market weren't so tiny I suspect they could be in trouble with fair trading practices. If not, then certainly lacking in ethics.

i have that punch and a pair of sheet metal sheers. the punch ends up breaking the blade cause you're punching on only half of the face of the punch. i use the metal sheers to snip a square corner about 1.1mm up from the angled point back from the existing dimple on the gem (62-0178 are best, they're stainless with the ptfe coating)... after removing the spine of course.

I'm not sure which generation but i'd assume the original cause i bought it (oneblade) as the 2nd owner a month or so ago. with the gems, combined with the forced angle of the bevel, i get a great shave and blades are about 33 cents each in a 100 pk. the feathers lasted only one shave for me (head and face).

I guess the oneblade folks don't think their customers are smart enough to source the Feather blades elsewhere. Makes you wonder where that million dollars in R&D went...

Guess I should have checked the site first, Oneblade's price for 3 packs of FHS-10 blades is pretty reasonable, and free shipping. If I buy them, they're going in my Valet model B, but just sayin'...

Last edited:
Does anyone know if OneBlade has some sort of business relationship with Feather regarding these blades? It seems to me I read somewhere a while back about OneBlade becoming an exclusive distributor or something. Obviously that arrangement (if there is one) isn't in place yet, because Maggard carries the FHS-10 blades, and you can pick them up on Amazon, Tryablade, or the bay.

I'm having a hard time figuring out OneBlade's business model. Develop a product that is quite similar to other excellent products, then price it far above what the competition sells for, then limit blade access. It's especially odd to limit blade access to blades manufactured by another company in another country that are available from competing vendors for less. Not even Gillette ever tried that.

Does anyone know if OneBlade has some sort of business relationship with Feather regarding these blades? It seems to me I read somewhere a while back about OneBlade becoming an exclusive distributor or something. Obviously that arrangement (if there is one) isn't in place yet, because Maggard carries the FHS-10 blades, and you can pick them up on Amazon, Tryablade, or the bay.

I'm having a hard time figuring out OneBlade's business model. Develop a product that is quite similar to other excellent products, then price it far above what the competition sells for, then limit blade access. It's especially odd to limit blade access to blades manufactured by another company in another country that are available from competing vendors for less. Not even Gillette ever tried that.

Yea, I have to think they have something to do with Connaught in the U.K. not shipping to USA anymore. Pisses me off.

Yea, I have to think they have something to do with Connaught in the U.K. not shipping to USA anymore. Pisses me off.

More likely that Feather's North American distributor complained that his territory was being infringed upon. I can't imagine Feather making a sweetheart deal for the US for only one blade.

Top Bottom