What's new

My First Meer Has Arrived-Journal of It's Coloring

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I can see it starting to color just below the rim, I wonder how many bowls or length of time before it begins to color around the shank and lower parts of the bowl? Looks like you have that roll and stuff down perfect! :)

I can see it starting to color just below the rim, I wonder how many bowls or length of time before it begins to color around the shank and lower parts of the bowl? Looks like you have that roll and stuff down perfect! :)

I need to go back and count, lost track of the bowls so far but have all but maybe 3 or 4 recorded here. I've definitely improved with the fold and stuff and this was probably my best bowl by far using that method.

In the next day or so I will get Sally out and fired up again! I've been ready for a bowl for a few weeks now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now enjoying a second bowl in Sally...a local blend named "Balmoral".

I'm pretty much three months in with this pipe. With three weeks that I couldn't smoke her. I've grown to love meerschaum and I really feel that meers might be all I smoke soon. Sally will be my every day "beater" type pipe. She's gotten dirty but is really starting to show some gorgeous caramel coloring that my cell phone photography skills can't pick up. I will be much more gentle and loving with my Altinok LVC when it arrives, as I've managed to get a few finger prints and stains on Sally along the way. It's probably time for some new beeswax too.

I'm really considering picking up a Strambach based on this thread. But then, I'm halfway to a decent Atlinok...and once I'm spending that, I might as well just get a Baki or Tekin...but I don't have that kind of money just laying around!!
And THAT's why I still haven't purchased a meerschaum.

I'm really considering picking up a Strambach based on this thread. But then, I'm halfway to a decent Atlinok...and once I'm spending that, I might as well just get a Baki or Tekin...but I don't have that kind of money just laying around!!
And THAT's why I still haven't purchased a meerschaum.

Some good deals pop up on ebay. Thats why now I have enough that im considering getting rid of a few :lol:

Another bowl in Sally to finish the day...my first ever bowl of Pembroke. I don't care at all for the tin note but I like the taste so far.

Another bowl in Sally to finish the day...my first ever bowl of Pembroke. I don't care at all for the tin note but I like the taste so far.

I'm starting to feel that way on McClelland VA blends. The "ketchupy" tin notes they have is starting to be off putting for me.

I'm starting to feel that way on McClelland VA blends. The "ketchupy" tin notes they have is starting to be off putting for me.

I've yet to try any McClelland blends but I have to admit the "ketchup" description so many tout has me wanting to try something just to smell it haha

There are a few who report that translates to the smoke itself for them, they can detect it still. So far I haven't had that happen, so I'm lucky up to this point. lol

There are a few who report that translates to the smoke itself for them, they can detect it still. So far I haven't had that happen, so I'm lucky up to this point. lol

Oh man, that would be rough.

Very... unless someone developed a "Cheeseburger Aromatic" blend, in which case I guess that added note from the McClelland could be touted as a "feature" of it...

Only way I want a "Cheeseburger Aro Blend" is if it includes bacon...now that would be a fine tobacco right there!

Top Bottom