What's new

Mike's Natural Soap

My tin of the Bay Rum just showed up and it smells great. I'm looking forward to this one for sure. I also picked up a tin of the orange cedar pepper. Mike included a sample of Barbershop and since I already have a full bar I will PIF the sample to the first person in the US who sends me a PM. EDIT- PIF is spoken for thanks.

Last edited:
My tin of the Bay Rum just showed up and it smells great. I'm looking forward to this one for sure. I also picked up a tin of the orange cedar pepper. Mike included a sample of Barbershop and since I already have a full bar I will PIF the sample to the first person in the US who sends me a PM.

Nice PIF! I just ordered samples of Mike's soaps otherwise I'd be all over that. I can't wait until they get here.

I also just ordered a bunch of samples too. Really looking forward to trying them as I have had great luck with our other artisan soap makers so far.

I've got tins of the lime and orange/cedarwood/pepper. I'm still new to DE wet shaving and learning how to make consistently good lather. But I'm having the best success I've ever had with Mike’s Natural soaps. My technique is improving but I know some of it is the quality of the product.

I have a tin of the orange. Mike included a sample of the rose, which was very kind of him. I finally got around to giving the rose a go today. When I first smelled it I didn't think much of it but it has definitely grown on me. The scent felt great during the shave. I used the sample as a shave stick and it was also my first time using a rose product. Mike's products are better than good. For just about any soap I hear a few who do not like it but honestly I've yet to come across even one post which states they did not like Mike's shave soap. If you are delaying the purchase then do not delay anymore. They're a great price, my tin hardly looks touched. Do whatever it takes to order it now even if it means no McDonalds for a week.

Last edited:
I have a tin of the orange. Mike included a sample of the rose, which was very kind of him. I finally got around to giving the rose a go today. When I first smelled it I didn't think much of it but it has definitely grown on me. The scent felt great during the shave. I used the sample as a shave stick and it was also my first time using a rose product. Mike's products are better than good. For just about any soap I hear a few who do not like it but honestly I've yet to come across even one post which states they did not like Mike's shave soap. If you are delaying the purchase then do not delay anymore. They're a great price, my tin hardly looks touched. Do whatever it takes to order it now even if it means no McDonalds for a week.

I agree, I'm really enjoying the Rose&Cedarwood sample I got. It is the first rose scented anything that I have used and I really like it.

I finally used the bay rum today. I hit it with my M&F 1/2 and face lathered then busted out the Fatboy. It was a great shave. I like the BR scent a lot. These are great soaps that hold their own with anything I've tried.

Mike is Da Man, and Mike's Natural is Da Soap. I'm into Mike's Unscented superlathers these days.

• Mike's Unscented + Trumper's Rose cream for a glorious understated rose scent
  • Mike's Unscented + Ingram's cream for that menthol blast you crave during the hot weather
  • Mike's Unscented + Dr. Selby's Lavanda cream for that unique Selby lavander scent

Mike's-based superlathers are unbelievable. Lather doesn't get any better.

I got a bar of Rose Cedarwood, Pine Cedarwood, and he threw in a sample of lime. I plopped the lime slice in on top of my puck of Williams in the Latherator bowl. Lemony-lime aroma!!!! The lather was nice and creamy, slick and left a nice aftershave feel. The soap feels rather soft, not hard like a triple milled. Not sure how that bodes for longevity, but the lather quality is top notch. And the scents are very well done! Bravo, Mike!

A quick question for you gents with the rose cedarwood - is the rose a musk rose like QCS or more of a sweet rose fragrance ?

So far I've used
-Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
-Lime
-Pine & Cedarwood
-Rose & Cedarwood
-Lavandin & Eucalyptus
-Barber Shop
-Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
I've liked some scents more than others but the soaps all perform way above their pay grade. Mike's has become my go to soap 5 out of 7 days and they leave my face feeling wonderful. YMMV

I ordered some samples from Mike and tried out the barbershop this morning. Great lather and wonderful scent. I'm definitely picking up a bar or two of this. My face does feel smoother as well after the shave but that may or may not be my imagination.

Has anyone converted a Mike's soap bar into a shave stick? My sample of barbershop was pretty soft so I think it'd be easy to just shove into a container.

I ordered some samples from Mike and tried out the barbershop this morning. Great lather and wonderful scent. I'm definitely picking up a bar or two of this. My face does feel smoother as well after the shave but that may or may not be my imagination.

Has anyone converted a Mike's soap bar into a shave stick? My sample of barbershop was pretty soft so I think it'd be easy to just shove into a container.

I think that Mike has said that he'll have shave sticks available sometime towards the end of July.

Top Bottom