What's new

macdad's Shave Journal

Great getting caught up Fred, and great accomplishment for your daughter. I bet she enjoyed kicking a little dad's butt. I'm also glad the touchdown cut was minimal.

Great shave and reads Fred, and congratulations to your daughter! Looking back(way, way back), it might have been worth several years of taking karate just to get on the mat with my dad and kick his butt...just once lol.
Thank you, Eric! I always tried to kick my dad's butt as a teenager. It never happened! Somehow, he always seemed to get the upper hand, even once I had a blackbelt. (He never fought fair :D )

Great getting caught up Fred, and great accomplishment for your daughter. I bet she enjoyed kicking a little dad's butt. I'm also glad the touchdown cut was minimal.
Thank you Walt. I am very proud of her. As for the cut, I am glad it was minimal too. Mainly due to the visibility. I didn't want to explain to a hundred people what happened :)

I am a little behind on my journal. Work has been busy, and my kids have me running like crazy!

2/28 shave:

Razor: Ohio Farmer Straight
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Brush: WW Burnt Oak Whiskey
DE Blade: 7 O'Clock SS (2 full and 0 Partial)
Aftershave: Thayers Unscented WH

This was a great straight shave. 3 passes and very close. Still not a BBS, but I don't really ever try for BBS. It was a very solid DFS! This razor does a great job. It is very light but perfectly balanced with the handle. I got luck with that when I made the handle. It was not by design :)

Today's shave:

Razor: ATT M1 DE
Soap: The Kraken
DE Blade: 7 O'Clock SS (3 full and 0 Partial)
Aftershave: Matching AS

This was a very efficient 3 pass DE shave. I love how quickly I can shave with a DE vs. a straight. A good DFS. Not as good as a straight, but it is a nice smooth shave.

Well, off to work on this fine Thursday! Have a great day, everyone!

Very nice! DE are very nice and efficient. My routine has be done with my shave within 10 minutes. Straights take me anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

Great couple of shaves Fred.
Thanks Eric!
Very nice! DE are very nice and efficient. My routine has be done with my shave within 10 minutes. Straights take me anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
That is about where I am with the DE. Close to 10 minutes from lather to cleanup. Straights take me a solid 20 minutes start to finish. Total time in the bathroom for a shower and shave with a straight is 30 minutes.

Good couple of shaves there Fred!

Catching up Fred, Great couple of narratives

Thanks guys!

Today's shave:

Razor: GD#2
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man

I had a nice 3 pass shave this morning. I took my time, about 20 minutes, and ended with a solid DFS shave.

The razor did OK. I am thinking it will need a refresh with some CrOx and FeOx soon.

It is a nice relaxing Saturday here. I went out to the field and flew my heli's this morning, even though it was a balmy 30F out! No issues, and they all came back in one piece. My wife and kids are in Toledo visiting my Mother-in-Law, so I am taking advantage of the piece and quiet.

Nice shave and Read Fred!!
Thanks Dave!
Nice Shave. Always good when the RC comes back in one piece!
Indeed! Things were flying nicely! I don't really push myself too hard to learn new things lately. I need to hit the sim some more to improve my skills, but I am a bit lazy with that right now :D
Always good to take advantage of some peace and quiet. Great stuff Fred.
Thanks Eric! It was a nice quiet afternoon.

Today's shave:

Razor: EA Berg
Soap: Maggard's London Barbershop

It was an OK 3 pass shave. I have a DFS in most areas. There are a few spots that are not quite there... I just have a difficult time with this narrow razor. As much as I like it, I don't think I will be using it an awful lot. It does work well for the upper lip though.

We have another busy week building up here. My youngest is starting track. This will be her first year, so we will see how it goes. They are all in the musical, so there is practice almost every night for that as well. My karate girl is really wanting to go to karate class, but I don't know if time will allow this week.

It is also my wife's birthday this weekend. I have to get them all out and do some shopping for her before Saturday. The plan was to do that last Saturday, but my wife took them all to Toledo.

If these are the most difficult things that I need to figure out, life is pretty good :)

LOL Sounds like a busy week for the family!

Bummer about the Berg! I have grown a keen liking to my narrow Swedes. Hopefully it'll turn around or it is time for you to upgrade to a 5/8 or 6/8. :) I am not enabling you or anything.

Fred IMHO a DFS with no seepage is better than OK.
Busy weeks can be fun. They do seem to go faster anyway. Although sometimes that is a bad thing too!
How old is the youngest?

LOL Sounds like a busy week for the family!

Bummer about the Berg! I have grown a keen liking to my narrow Swedes. Hopefully it'll turn around or it is time for you to upgrade to a 5/8 or 6/8. :) I am not enabling you or anything.
Hahaha! Definitely not enabling :D I know the razor is capable of a close comfortable shave, but I am not sure I am capable with it.
Fred IMHO a DFS with no seepage is better than OK.
Busy weeks can be fun. They do seem to go faster anyway. Although sometimes that is a bad thing too!
How old is the youngest?
The weeks definitely go fast. My youngest is in the 7th grade. She is 13. Although the weeks are busy, I really am enjoying the time with the children. In a blink of an eye, they will all be grown and moved out.

"Jeremiah Johnson"!

You're showing your age sir.:wheelchair: But honestly, I was wondering if anyone would remember that reference. Back in the day when Robert Redford was young, and Walt was shaving with a Schick Injector, Williams and a hand me down boar brush.

Top Bottom