What's new

Lupo stainless?

I picked up a .72 OC comb, and it’s been fantastic.

I’m kinda interested in seeing how the .95 SB plate is, but for right now, me and this are getting along really well.

IMG_8867.jpeg

I have a new found fondness for my Lupo 95 SB. I have always used it with the UFO handle and never could fall in love with it....always seemed to handle heavy. Well, I was perusing the Lupo Brotherhood section and ran across a member who had a RR Thin Bar handle on his Lupo and said it made the balance almost perfect. Well, you know what I had to do....purchased a RR Thin Bar handle and let me tell you, it has transformed my Lupo from a pretty decent shaver to a really great shaver.

The handle is a little smaller than I'm used to, but it really does match well with the small, light weight head of the Lupo. I have shaved with it twice now, and both shaves have been stellar. Highly recommend if you're in the same boat as me with your Lupo.

I recently got the Lupo 72 and 95, both SB. I really have a hard time telling them apart. I've shaved about 5 times with both, one for each half of the face and it is an almost identical experience for me. Maybe a tiny bit more efficient on the 95 side but really similar, even ATG.
I use the 72 head with a Crown handle from Timeless and the 95, with RR Bulldog handle.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I recently got the Lupo 72 and 95, both SB. I really have a hard time telling them apart. I've shaved about 5 times with both, one for each half of the face and it is an almost identical experience for me. Maybe a tiny bit more efficient on the 95 side but really similar, even ATG.
I use the 72 head with a Crown handle from Timeless and the 95, with RR Bulldog handle.
One of the fellows who observed the Lupo heads(.72 &.95) & took a picture of the .72 that indicates gap profile changes a little on the Lupo.95 that makes the difference, that is the conclusion I can see only the difference and that is a common practice manufactures use in changing blade feel.
(Photo from @Dovo1695 ,post #913 on page 46 on this thread)
1682691628390.png

Have some great shaves!

Yes @Ron R, I hold them side by side and there are definite differences. The geometry is clearly not the same. Yet, at least on my face, the difference is minimal. I'm surprised that I don't even notice which is which ATG. I love them both so I'll keep experimenting to see what I find as my skills get better

I’ve neglected the Lupo for far too long. It’s the .95 SB & Barber Pole handle paired with a Bic Chrome Platinum. The result? Do I really need to give the details that many here have experienced with this fine shaver and its multiple variants? I could but, I won’t as most will know the final result. It was flawless….

Great shaves to all.

21F528C7-2370-4FFC-A168-7B43820E06C0.jpeg

20230601_132400.jpg

I've started using the Lupo .95 SB with the shorter, thinner and lighter "Thin-Bar" handle. Jury is out on this, I'll be using the combo during the month of June.

My first shave was excellent. To be honest, it didn't really feel any different than the Lupo with the "Barber Pole". Maybe a little more 'control' and more 'nimble'?

Normally, I gravitate to longer, larger diameter and heavier handles, so this is a new experience for me. So far, so good. We'll see how the month goes.

b/r

ON_1

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1664959
I've started using the Lupo .95 SB with the shorter, thinner and lighter "Thin-Bar" handle. Jury is out on this, I'll be using the combo during the month of June.

My first shave was excellent. To be honest, it didn't really feel any different than the Lupo with the "Barber Pole". Maybe a little more 'control' and more 'nimble'?

Normally, I gravitate to longer, larger diameter and heavier handles, so this is a new experience for me. So far, so good. We'll see how the month goes.

b/r

ON_1
Short, thinner lighter handles in SS are great for steep shaving and give less leverage. I find 2 3/4 to 3 inch they can be more reactive while shaving also. When using my real aggressive razors with a steep approach I always look for a few of my excellent shorter handles. Enjoy your new handle, looks good and should feel good!

@Ron R ... thanks! As I said, "So far, so good." I have 3 RazoRock handles. The "Barber Pole", "SuperKnurl" and now, "Thin-Bar". The 'SK' is a bit too heavy, although, I like the length. The 'Barber Pole' is my current favorite with the 'Thin-Bar' running a close second. It might become my favorite. BTW, the thin bar length is right at 3".

b/r

ON_1

View attachment 1664959

b/r

ON_1
Yep, that seals it. I'm just going to have to order the Slim handle now.

For this evening, it was the .72 OC in the batter’s box. 3rd use Bic Chrome Platinum and the rest is history. The feel for me is toned down just a smidge vs the .95 OC but, the cutting ability is just as good while being easier on the face. I don’t find the .95 overly aggressive or intimidating in the least. Still, there is a difference in shave feel though subtle but, it is noticeable. Regardless it’s an excellent shaver with nothing to dislike about the performance that it delivers. Of course, just my opinion.

Here’s the kicker though. This thread has 1,400+ posts with the vast majority of posters singing this line ups praises. And yet there are still people not sure if they should invest anywhere from $55 - $70 just abouts to procure one of the best value oriented razors in the business. The range of Lupo’s punches way above its weight for the $$$ and the quality of craftsmanship is top notch. It’s not a jewel piece but, it’s a jewel of a razor family.

Stop reading and buy one or two already! It won’t disappoint in the least.

Great shaves to all…

C6A9B563-36A3-435F-AD60-5277344C0B11.jpeg

For this evening, it was the .72 OC in the batter’s box. 3rd use Bic Chrome Platinum and the rest is history. The feel for me is toned down just a smidge vs the .95 OC but, the cutting ability is just as good while being easier on the face. I don’t find the .95 overly aggressive or intimidating in the least. Still, there is a difference in shave feel though subtle but, it is noticeable. Regardless it’s an excellent shaver with nothing to dislike about the performance that it delivers. Of course, just my opinion.

Here’s the kicker though. This thread has 1,400+ posts with the vast majority of posters singing this line ups praises. And yet there are still people not sure if they should invest anywhere from $55 - $70 just abouts to procure one of the best value oriented razors in the business. The range of Lupo’s punches way above its weight for the $$$ and the quality of craftsmanship is top notch. It’s not a jewel piece but, it’s a jewel of a razor family.

Stop reading and buy one or two already! It won’t disappoint in the least.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1674195
I got my EJ 3one6 for less than the cost of a Lupo and really really like it. I can't see a Lupo or Game Changer replacing it. Had I not scored the 3one6 at a good price out of Ireland, I probably would have a Lupo today. I'm sure it is a good razor but, it isn't the only premium stainless option at a good price. Even a gently used Muhle Rocca is in this price range frequently which is another really good razor IMHO.

Top Bottom