What's new

Is my Sharp Stainless blade from older productions?

I prefer to open a new discussion rather than the old one, hoping that in the forum there are friends and colleagues who are passionate about traditional shaving who know more about me and can answer my question.
I want to return to the topic of Sharp stainless blades which are commonly found in the Asian and Bangladeshi markets, asking out of curiosity if there is anyone who can answer.
In this forum I read old discussions on this Sharp stainless blade dating back to many years ago, perhaps 2006 or 2009 and it was written that there was a different version of Sharp stainless blades V1 and V2, I didn't understand what the differences were.
I searched on the internet and one of the few photos I found shows a Sharp Stainless blade being sold in a store with colored wrapping with the same white and green graphics present on the cardboard of the blades.
In the description of the blade it says Polymer Coated for smoothness and Designed in Switzerland, Manufactured with Stainless steel from Japan.
Furthermore, I think it says in English "Technical collaboration from England" on the packaging, while on the packaging containing my razor blade there is only the Sharp stamp.
I checked on the official Samah razor blades website and the description of this Sharp Stainless blade does not contain this additional information.
This in the photo is a blade from my package.

sharpstainless  .jpg

Could it be that mine is an older version than the current ones or in any case is it one of the old productions from several years ago?
Another explanation could be that there are two models of the same blade but for different markets i.e. local Asian and a better one for Western markets?

Last edited:
Great question. I'll check the inventory of the Great Blade Exchange to see if there are different versions of the Sharp Stainless. If there are, I'll post pics showing the differences.

I like this blade it does its job well although obviously I have tried many better blades.
IMHO Sharp Stainless and coated ones can at least be tried.

Top Bottom