What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Keep at it, Kev!

I've been watching my own weight for a while now ... and watching it stubbornly not go down during winter months, and even creep up. I think we are biologically hardwired to put on a bit of weight over winter, and generally poorer weather means we are less active too. Don't get down on yourself if things haven't gone super-well since the fall in terms of the number on the scale ... but know that you are headed in the right direction and can make gains going forward!!

I know I still stress eat. Before was due to boredom at work. Now streas from being busy all the time.

I have the same issue (as I'm shoving some animal crackers in my mouth while I type). I'm super busy and super bored right now (if that's even possible), so I really have to watch what I eat at work. It doesn't help that they have containers full of snacks available to us at all times.

My boss keeps telling me to take time off to compensate for working nights and weekends.....on salary. I still have it ingeained in me to punch a time clock. Flex time is still a foreign concept.

I found that the best way for me to enjoy flex time was to have it be regularly scheduled. I knew that I would take Friday afternoon off if I had worked extra hours throughout the week, so it was less of a "you really want me to just walk out at 10am on a Tuesday?" and more of a "I get to start the weekend early because I worked hard and really wouldn't be super productive at that time anyway." It also kept me from being called back to work when something important came up at 3pm on Tuesday.

I'll see you over in the summer fitness thread as we continue on!

Update:

Been not riding the last month due to rain, health issues, etc

I got Dizzy Sunday night and had to go to ER. Nothing found wrong, but my EKG indicated some past issues, but they were there per previous test. Long story short at some point in my past I think I had a mild heart attack, but the doctors will not tell me anything. They kept me for observation overnight, and wanted me to do a stress test, but i'm too heavy for the equipment.

I have lost ~2lbs and am down to 476. Dug out MFP and am starting to track again as I had become lax in tracking and soda was creeping in back to 40-60oz a day.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Update:

Been not riding the last month due to rain, health issues, etc

I got Dizzy Sunday night and had to go to ER. Nothing found wrong, but my EKG indicated some past issues, but they were there per previous test. Long story short at some point in my past I think I had a mild heart attack, but the doctors will not tell me anything. They kept me for observation overnight, and wanted me to do a stress test, but i'm too heavy for the equipment.

I have lost ~2lbs and am down to 476. Dug out MFP and am starting to track again as I had become lax in tracking and soda was creeping in back to 40-60oz a day.

I've watched my brother shrink in size over the last 6 months. He eliminated all sugar from his diet. All of it. An amazing tranformation with no exercise at all.

Good to see your feeling better... Get rid of them sodas, shot for 64oz of water, then treat yourself to a single can.
Or check out the flavoured sparkling waters, some of them are real good.
Deer park has some with no sugar.

Wow, hope you are feeling better, Kev. You are too young to be suffering heart attacks, I hope it's just over exertion. Best of health to you.

Kev,

Keep your spirits up! This is a marathon, not a sprint.

There is plenty of time, but you need to start making some small steps in the right direction! Don't quit!

Top Bottom