What's new

Kaweco

No kidding! Now you guys got me thinking or ordering one as well! [emoji38]

Even when the cap is posted?

Yep. I tend to hold pens a bit away from the nib and it only just fits in my hand. It doesn't help that I don't really like posted pens either.

Edit: I just compared the posted sport to one of my Safaris and the sport is actually a few mm longer. Must be something with the balance of the sport when posted that just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Since my last post in this thread, I have ordered 2 more sports. Upping the tally to 5 in my collection. These pens are perfect for me.

Since my last post in this thread, I have ordered 2 more sports. Upping the tally to 5 in my collection. These pens are perfect for me.
have you tried one of the 14k nibs yet? I am very curious, but not $140.00 curious:117:

have you tried one of the 14k nibs yet? I am very curious, but not $140.00 curious:117:
No I haven't. I'm in the same boat as you on that one!

That said, I'm happy enough with their steel nibs. :)

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The regular nibs are so nice that I wouldn't see the need to spend the extra dough for a gold one. But if someone else wants to, more power to him! No problem with Kaweco offering the option.

I have a black plastic Sport, which I carry when I'm wearing coats or jackets which have small pockets; usually one of my Good Wear A-2s.
It always writes well, and doesn't leak. I have found that converters jiggled loose in the pen, but my remedy is to reuse short cartridges, which I fill with inks of my choice with a hypo, and which stay put.

My growing Sport collection.

2017-06-12 11.16.09.jpg

Hi:

I have a Kaweco Dia2 with a F nib, quite good, like the design, very comfortable grip indeed.

Purchased a M nib, but performs the same as a F nib size.

How are their working your M size nibs? more like F size? or M size like Lamy Safari?.

Thanks

I've been carrying one of these daily for several years now. I have a pretty beat up silver aluminum version. Fantastic pen.

Hi:

I have a Kaweco Dia2 with a F nib, quite good, like the design, very comfortable grip indeed.

Purchased a M nib, but performs the same as a F nib size.

How are their working your M size nibs? more like F size? or M size like Lamy Safari?.

Thanks
I notice a difference with the M and F nibs. The ink seems to distribute the same on paper (with both) but I find I get more fluent writing with my M's for writing, note taking and signatures. The F feels a bit too "sharp", if that makes sense. I can't seem to get a smooth flow with my F nib, so I designate it for printing and highlighting while marking up paperwork.

All that said, it's about what you prefer. Some people prefer to use EF. I can't see myself taking that route, for example.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I notice a difference with the M and F nibs. The ink seems to distribute the same on paper (with both) but I find I get more fluent writing with my M's for writing, note taking and signatures. The F feels a bit too "sharp", if that makes sense. I can't seem to get a smooth flow with my F nib, so I designate it for printing and highlighting while marking up paperwork.

All that said, it's about what you prefer. Some people prefer to use EF. I can't see myself taking that route, for example.

Never tried a "M" nib ... either EF, F, or B ... or italic. They do a really nice 1.5mm ...

Top Bottom