What's new

GIVEAWAY! Holiday Suneko Blade PIF

I couldn't help but notice you've done a bit of Suneko missionary work elsewhere on the internet. Spreading the good word.
I had enough to do both sites with plenty left over for me, so why not spread a little extra holiday cheer.

We both should probably be getting a commission coming from the seller lol...

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond (1)
Soap: Frankensoap (1/3 each of Arko, VDH Luxury, and Dove Men Care 3 in 1 Extra Fresh)
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Old Spice followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

An excellent first shave with this blade. Color me impressed. I just finished with the Can you Pfeeel the Difference challenge using 3 different platinum blades, and I would say that the Suneko was more smooth from the start than the 3 platinum blades. I would say that sharpness was on par with the 3 platinum blades. Overall, I really enjoyed the first shave with this blade quite a bit. I'll keep posting here at least through shave #4 to see how it goes. Thanks @SDK for the opportunity to try this blade.

January 12, 2023 Friday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum
Blade: SUNEKO (1)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Diamond
Brush: Omega S10049
Bowl: Maggard plastic
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Today was the first day to use a SUNEKO razor blade, generously PIFed by @SDK . First impression: ooohh, double wrapped! Oohh, no glue dots, too!! My second impression was that the blade is smooth in use. Third impression, it's sharp. It doesn't feel sharp like a Nacet, it's different. The sharpness is noticed when checking progress of the shave when rinsing before the next pass. I noticed that there was progressively much less stubble left after each pass. I agree with the others that like these blades, they seem to be a capable, smooth blade.
More on this blade as I put more shaves on it. So far, excellent!

The aluminum Overlander continues to provide super close and easy shaves. No weepers, nicks, etc., no irritation, a smooth shave. There was no alum feedback, no aftershave sting, either. To me, that indicates that the blade is smooth and sharp.:thumbup1:

I'll post again after the next shave.

January 12, 2023 Friday shave

Blade: SUNEKO (1)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Diamond
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Today was the first day to use a SUNEKO razor blade, generously PIFed by @SDK . First impression: ooohh, double wrapped! Oohh, no glue dots, too!! My second impression was that the blade is smooth in use. Third impression, it's sharp. It doesn't feel sharp like a Nacet, it's different. The sharpness is noticed when checking progress of the shave when rinsing before the next pass. I noticed that there was progressively much less stubble left after each pass. I agree with the others that like these blades, they seem to be a capable, smooth blade.
More on this blade as I put more shaves on it. So far, excellent!

The aluminum Overlander continues to provide super close and easy shaves. No weepers, nicks, etc., no irritation, a smooth shave. There was no alum feedback, no aftershave sting, either. To me, that indicates that the blade is smooth and sharp.:thumbup1:

I'll post again after the next shave.
You're not the first one to mention having to check progress to confirm the hair is coming off. That combination of sharp and smooth reminded me of Kai blades, and was what prompted me to try the Sunekos.

I love Kai's, but the Sunekos are much less expensive, even with the current higher prices

Reactions: Kix
Razor: Baili BD176
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond (2)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

Another fine shave. I ended up with a couple of weepers that a cold water rinse did away with. I consider these my fault for not using this razor in quite a long time and deciding to pull it out. This razor is mild and sometimes I find myself inadvertently applying pressure rather than letting the razor do its work. But, end of the day, a fine shave. This blade is very good - sharp and smooth. I like it.

Next shave I'll go with a pre-war Gillette Tech.

January 14, 2023 Sunday shave

Blade: Suneko (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Aftershave: St. Johns Utility Bay Rum

You know how it is when you get a shave that's so awesome, you search for words to describe it? That's my situation this morning.
This was a three pass shave on 48 hours of growth. It was the second use of the Suneko Chinese blade. The blade continues to impress. It's smooth and sharp, very easy on the skin while producing an epic shave.

The Overlander always gives a smooth, no drama shave. No weepers, nicks, etc., and no irritation. I tend to favor the aluminum Overlander over the brass and stainless ones. The light weight makes for an effortless shave.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond (3)
Soap: Pre de Provence No. 63

The best shave yet with this blade. Again, sharp and smooth. It pairs very well with the Henson, moreso than with the Baili. I'll probably use a pre-war Tech next time. Very pleased.

Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond (3)
Soap: Pre de Provence No. 63

The best shave yet with this blade. Again, sharp and smooth. It pairs very well with the Henson, moreso than with the Baili. I'll probably use a pre-war Tech next time. Very pleased.

It seemed to me that my third use of my Suneko test blade, in a Yaqi Final Cut, was the best shave out of that blade. I've tended to consider the lore that blades can "improve" after a use or two as...
76da64ed-4d81-480e-b028-e476357dadab_text.gif

But now I'm not as sure.

It seemed to me that my third use of my Suneko test blade, in a Yaqi Final Cut, was the best shave out of that blade. I've tended to consider the lore that blades can "improve" after a use or two as...
View attachment 1779948
But now I'm not as sure.
There are several blades that give me their best performances on the second and third shaves. I’m not sure of the science behind it, but it’s definitely a thing for me.…

Reactions: Kix
Razor: pre-war Gillette Tech
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond (4)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

The end result is a very close shave. However, I think that the Henson has ruined me for using almost any other razor. Even with a Gillette Tech, I ended up with several nicks today probably because I used too much pressure since I've been using the Henson almost exclusively lately. That being said the Suneko blade was still sharp and smooth.

January 18, 2023 Thursday shave

Blade: Suneko (3)
Soap: Cremo Reserve Blend
Brush: Maggard marble handle synthetic
Post shave: Omega alum block
Aftershave: Proraso Menthol Balm

I used different items today that yielded a great shave; Cremo Reserve Blend and Proraso Menthol Balm. Both added to a really satisfying shave.
I used the balm because it's been extremely cold here and the skin tends to dry out.
The Suneko blade delivered another excellent shave. The sharpness is muted by the smooth nature of the blade. The third shave with the Suneko was very good, the best of the shaves yet with Suneko. Thanks to @SDK for the Suneko blades!

No weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation. No alum feedback.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

January 24, 2023 Wednesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel
Blade: Suneko (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional boar
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

This was a three pass shave. No drama, no irritation. The result was wonderful.

The Suneko blades continue to perform exceptionally well. Close and very smooth.
Based on the shaves I've gotten with the Suneko blades, I ordered 200. They are a fine blade that I could use day in and day out.

A big shout out to @SDK for sending out the blades and allowing us to "try it before you buy it"! :thumbup1:

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

January 26, 2023 Friday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel
Blade: Suneko (3)
Soap: Proraso green
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

This was the usual three pass shave. It was very good, as is usually the case with the Overlander.

The Suneko blade was sharp and smooth. That's a good combination (sharp and smooth). Some blades are sharp, some blades are smooth, but I haven't found a blade that has both, like the Suneko does. BTW, I ordered, and received 200 Suneko blades, thanks to @SDK's generous PIF, allowing me to try them.
Like some others on the forum, I was unsettled about the Russian blades fading into the past, but since using the Suneko blades I've gotten over the empty feeling about the Russian blade situation. I feel the Sunekos match most Russian blades and are a suitable replacement for them.

The Overlander/Suneko combination shave produced no weepers, etc. and no irritation.

I hardly used the Proraso green soap in two years, but today was a good experience with that soap.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

(Sorry for the out of focus pic)

Shave01_26_23.jpg

Top Bottom