What's new

history of proraso

As far as I know, you could buy Proraso in US back in the '50/'60.
I remember somebody finding a vintage Proraso tub in a flea market dating back to that period.

so youre telling me that only certain kmarts carried proraso? then which kmarts did then? so youre telling me that in 1999/2000 kmart wasnt popular anymore then, is that what youre saying? at the time i was living in los angeles and from what i remember everso slightly vague i might have seen proraso but thats the problem that i dont remember that well.............! then what people at this time living in the u.s. could have had the privilege of purchasing any of the total line of the proraso products then if kmart was dying out then???? rsvp.

Being that the Kmarts I shopped at didn't carry any sort of shaving soap or creams that weren't canned foam or gel, then yes, there were Kmarts that didn't carry Proraso. Since I didn't visit a Kmart that carried Proraso, I obviously can't state which ones did. That I never saw Proraso in the Kmarts I went to simply means the product wasn't carried through the entire chain.

And yes, Kmart was already dying. For whatever reasons, they couldn't compete well with stores like Walmart. The very last time I walked into one particular Kmart was during it's close out sale, and the discounts only brought it in line with the prices at the local Walmart. In this era, we only shopped at Kmart to look for specials and some product lines that only some Kmarts carried. Otherwise, it was usually cheaper elsewhere.

This gets to a good case in point for how Kmart stores didn't necessarily stock what other Kmarts did. The next to last time my wife and I went to another Kmart was for her to look for a particular line of clothes she'd found in other Kmarts. That one didn't have it.

Top Bottom