What's new

Choose my next shaving product...

What will Johnny buy as his next shave/hygiene product?

• What product shoud Johnny buy next?

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Proraso White (Sensitive)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Proraso Blue (Protective)

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Speick Shave Cream

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Cella Red Aftershave

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Cella Red Pre-Shave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cremo Original shave cream

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
I've been expanding my collection of soaps/aftershaves/lotions for a year now and want the collective wisdom of the elders of B&B to choose my next product for me. Should be something Spring appropriate.

Multiple votes allowed, may change votes at any time. Closes in seven days. I will buy whatever gets the most votes.

What I currently have in my collection is.

Love: Nivea sensitive foam and after shave lotion/ Proraso Green cream
Like: Cella Red Soap
Meh: Proraso Red sandalwood soap/aftershave
Not my cup of tea: Tabac stick deodorant

If you have suggestion other than the products listed below, please feel free to post them. I'm willing to splurge, but please keep it under $100.

Thanks,

Johnny

I don't see Proraso green aftershave listed. Have you tried it? If not, I consider it one of the best smelling aftershaves around. Top it off with the older version of Aqua di Parma Colonia Club for a long lasting treat.
Why buy anything? What a bizarre post. As if you’re some fancy free undisciplined buying fool set loose in a shaving universe with an unlimited budget and a need to buy something. Really?

Resolved: I will not question anyone’s choice to spend as much money as they wish on any shaving product.

You didn't even last 4 weeks. Lol, who needs integrity. 🤣

Of the product listed, go with Speick cream in the tube. I have tried many (50+) shave soaps, Speick cream is one of the few to make my permanent collection. When one tube of Speick runs out I will buy another. Very few soaps pass that bar. Most are one and done.

I don't see Proraso green aftershave listed. Have you tried it?
Yes, the Proraso green was my first shaving soap that didn't come in a can. Wonderful stuff. I ran out of the pre-shave and after-shave lotion but still have a half tube of the soap. I'll definitely be using the rest of that.

I've been using a DE razor for about 10 years now, but only recently started trying out different soaps and fragrances.

I'm just in the phase where I'm trying different things on a regular basis for each season. This purchase will be used for Spring '24.

To the OP: buy some Palmolive in a tube.
I've seen that the Palmolive shave creams are used by many here.

Online there appear to be several varieties. Any specific suggestions?

Classic?
Palm oil?
Menthol?
Aloe vera?

I've read that the palm oil is the best, but it's hard to locate in America.

I've seen that the Palmolive shave creams are used by many here.

Online there appear to be several varieties. Any specific suggestions?

Classic?
Palm oil?
Menthol?
Aloe vera?

I've read that the palm oil is the best, but it's hard to locate in America.
The only one I'm familiar with is the Classic. 2 euro for a tube in any drugstore and supermarket over here in Holland. It's a staple.

Looks like the winner is the Speick shaving cream. It'll be my next order.

Runner-up is the Proraso Blue. I'll be putting that on my future orders list as well.

Thanks to everyone for your input, there's a lot of wisdom here on B&B.

1708553160328.png

Top Bottom