What's new

Handwriting samples, pics! Let us see yours.

This thread made me look up the Palmer method. When I have an opportunity, I'm going to try to improve my cursive. I was never good at cursive during school and have not used it in longer than I can remember so it'll be a bumpy road.

Great thread though with nice handwriting. All of it is very legible and clean looking to me.
http://www.iampeth.com/lessons_cursive.php
^^^
Iampeth not only has the Palmer method lessons but videos on several other forms as well. Really good resource.

I'll post some of my regular handwriting tomorrow but I was playing around learning some gothic script tonight here's a pic of some of my efforts
View attachment 274689 $2012-09-25 00.39.56.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I would love to be able to write like that syngent. I have a feeling my Lit teacher would absolutely let me turn a written paper instead of typed if I turned in an essay on Dante written like that. :p

Lol man that was 20 minutes work an a huge italic nib... pic up a calligraphy set and it's easier then you think

I figured I should show some of my printing. I use this from time to time, its an older example, but shows it pretty well.

Pilot Plumix with medium italic nib. Adjusted and smoothed, heavy flow. Cheap schneider ink, it shades nicely on coated papers, this is the only pen thi ink works well in.

proxy.php

-Xander

Lol, I will NEVER show my handwriting samples!!! My father was the only one in his class to FAIL handwriting in elementary school in the forties, and he has pass that gene onto me... I love fountain pens, but it is blasphemy to show my writing! :scared:

Lol, I will NEVER show my handwriting samples!!! My father was the only one in his class to FAIL handwriting in elementary school in the forties, and he has pass that gene onto me... I love fountain pens, but it is blasphemy to show my writing! :scared:

Well if you didnt want to show it you shouldnt have set it up so well... pictures please, i would love to see what you got! Maybe we can help? You never know

Dear lord, what is that taste??? It's my shoe!!! ugh... I should've known that it would end up in my mouth on that post...

Syngent, I'll think about it posting my horrible, terrible, incredibly awful writing.

-Bret

My handwriting is like my golf game, I can only take it so far and no farther. This is my unobtainable goal.

That is nice, but your current handwriting is probably more practical for day to day writing. I don't like the way they cross their Ts in that sample.

-Andy

I believe freelancer still owes us a handwriting sample,

Xander that shading on the page is amazing, so is your printing, it makes me feel very bad about my printing, well done sir !

I believe freelancer still owes us a handwriting sample,

Xander that shading on the page is amazing, so is your printing, it makes me feel very bad about my printing, well done sir !

I was pleasantly surprised by the shading that cheap ink offered after I increased the flow, it was previously the worst ink I ever tried. That pic is of a postcard and it was slightly cramped, but thank you!

-Xander

$WritingSample.jpg
I am not sure how this is going to look (It's scaling very very small after I inserted the scan). If it is too small, I'll wax this message and enter a new one.

I have seen some sites out there that give lessons and practices, so I will start working on those as I have time.

Regardless, I warned you all! :scared:

Top Bottom